It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• what I am trying

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-17-2009, 01:30 PM   #16
    Lisa_P
    (female)

Lisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB User
    Re: "Food Lovers Fat Loss System"

I feel HEALTHY. Having MS, I notice my energy levels and general well-being all the time. With this way of eating, I seem to have tons of energy and very even stamina. It's the BEST!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2009, 07:54 AM   #17
    Lisa_P
    (female)

Talking Re: "Food Lovers Fat Loss System"

Today is the last day of the 21 day induction phase. Starting tomorrow, if I choose to, I can start adding back in my favorites. The white flour, the alcohol, the fried foods. BUT in moderation!

At first I was disappointed when I looked at the scale this morning -- I'm only down 5.5 lbs. BUT then I started measuring and doing the LBM calculations. WOW. I lost 5.88# in body fat alone! That's 2% body fat!! I gained a little lean body mass (maybe it would have been more if I'd been more religious with the exercise?) Losses: -1" on my neck of all places!, -1 3/4" from my chest and waist each, 1.5" off my hips.... WOW.

I KNOW the losses didn't really kick in until I was a week into the program. I can't wait to see what next week brings!

Old 06-19-2009, 07:53 AM   #18
    bogie12
    (female)

bogie12 HB User

Way to go Lisa! You made it to day 21! What an accomplishment with the weight loss & inches lost, keep the great work! I've always believed that when I'm not losing weight I'm losing inches-it's like they don't happen at the same time. I ordered my system the other day and hope to get it some time next week. Will let you know how it goes. I'm going to try to get my husband on it too. He walks 3 miles each day and he is thin everywhere but his stomach. I have 90# to lose, so I'm going to take it one day at a time.

So, you don't have to exercise like crazy with this plan? And still lose weight? I think I like that!
    Well, keep up the terrific work! Talk to you soon.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:46 AM   #19
    Lisa_P
    (female)

I've graduated to the "for life" part now, so I can start to eat "normal" food again. I just have to keep the "fat loss plate" in mind (1 portion fast carb, 1 slow carb, and a protein). Exercise a few times a week, and drink lots of water... Still snacking between meals and before bed, though. Such a HARD thing to do!!

Old 06-19-2009, 10:40 PM   #20
    bogie12
    (female)

bogie12 HB User

Lisa, what did you mean by still snacking between meals & before bed. Once you are on the "for life" plan, is there no snacks between meals & before bed?

I guess this system must be pretty popular, my order is on back order and may ship by next week-bummer! I was hoping to get started sooner than later, oh well.

Here's wishing you the best on your journey! Please keep checking in to let us know how it's going. Can't wait to hear how well you're doing in another week!

Old 06-21-2009, 07:21 AM   #21
    Lisa_P
    (female)

No, the snacking is a lifelong habit. It keeps your metabolism running and your blood sugar even. Of course, for women, you try to keep those snacks between 100 and 200 calories! And as for th evening snack (1 hr. before bed), try to make it a mainly protein snack, but there is nothing saying you can't have a cookie or some such.

The "for Life" portion is just a loosening of the restrictions, but with some common sense changes. For instance, if you want cake, eat it as a dessert, but don't have another "fast carb" with the meal. Same thing with alcohol -- have it with the meal, but skip the potato or bread. You can have fried foods again, but in moderation; ditto white flour and sugar and alcohol. For the first three weeks, you avoid these things so your glycemic profile can stabilize, settle down from all the years of yo-yo crazy diets and unsteady blood sugar.

PS: There is one lady I know of on the message board that started at over 420 lbs. 17 months ago-- she has lost more than 200 lbs! and is still losing.

Last edited by Lisa_P; 06-21-2009 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Added a post script!

Old 06-21-2009, 11:29 AM   #22
    bogie12
    (female)

bogie12 HB User

Thanks Lisa for that response.

It sounds like a really good plan to be on and congrats to that lady you has lost 200# so far, that is just wonderful! She is doing the same plan that you are I take it and has been this successful, so far. That has to really motivate you to really stay with it, I know I can't wait to get my system!

I've had this book, "The New Glucose Revolution" for about a year now and never really got into it until the other day. I remembered that I had it and thought, I think I'll check it out and see exactly what it's about. The concept sounds a lot like what you are doing-mixing the lower GI foods with some of the higher GI foods and add the protein, but in small portions. I figure I'll read this and do what I can until I get my order; then I'll do the 21 day plan to get my system totally back on track. This book has you eating 6 small meals a day and to tell you the truth, I do have more energy already! I need that extra stamina, I have a special needs daughter and I babysit my 2 grand kids 4 days a week-they really keep me hopping!

Keep up the great work, Lisa, and let me know how it's going.

Old 06-26-2009, 07:01 PM   #23
    Lisa_P
    (female)

I am quite happy with the program. I'm into my second week of the "for life" portion and today we were asked to track our calories at least one day this week to get a better idea of the quality of our food intake. It was very helpful to do that today! I learned that I need to better judge the portion sizes I'm taking!

Old 06-29-2009, 05:05 AM   #24
    GonnaDoIt
    (female)

GonnaDoIt HB User

Hi everyone ! My name is Denise and I'm so happy to have found this site ! Congratulations Lisa ! You are doing GREAT !!! Has anyone else gotten their system yet ? I've not orderred one yet. I really want to but I'm afraid of the repercussions since I've impulsively orderred some other ones and they're still sitting here in the boxes. I really should have sent them back. Too late - maybe I'll put them on ebay (cheaper) and recoupe some of the money to spend on this one. I really think that this plan is the most user friendly one. As much as I'd like to drop weight fast for an upcoming vacation in 5 weeks, I know that if I do a fad diet - the weight will just come back (and then some).

For those waiting for their systems - do you realize that Robert's got 2 books out ? I've got them both and I'm gonna read them to see if they are similar to the program ? I figure his philosphy probably hasn't change much ? They are called - Fat That Doesn't Come Back and the other one is Conquering the Munchie Monster. Not sure if the library might have them ? I probably got mine thru ******. I still would like to ultimately buy the system and make it my last. I do really like Robert's whole personality and he seems to really care.

Well let me get off here. Just wanted to say HI ! Congrats to Lisa !!! And I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and supporting everyone if I can. Gonna go read the FTDCB book. Have a Great day everyone !!! Denise

Old 06-29-2009, 01:25 PM   #25
    Lisa_P
    (female)

It is a very simple system and easy to follow. The first 21 days are more restricted than the last 5 weeks, but those first three weeks are about learning. On Day 1, you are asked to start snacking between meals! He really teaches that you need to eat SOMETHING every 2-3 hours, starting as soon as you get up and going until an hour before bed. Sounds so counterintuitive, but it's working for me.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:49 PM   #26
    Crystaldaydream
    (female)

Crystaldaydream HB User

I, too, saw the infomercial over the weekend, and even recorded it so I could watch it a few more times to see if I could tell what it was all about before I ordered it! I guess it is so new, because I scoured the internet to find something on it, and this site is what I found, so I joined up so I could join in on the conversation! Lisa, I am so glad you are here, posting, so we can be nosy and ask questions! Congrats on doing a good job! I want to ask, do you find it as easy as it sounds? What would you say is the most challenging part of the program for you? Also, can you tell yet whether this really IS a plan you can live on for the rest of your life? You know the old saying, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is! I am feeling so desperate with health issues that I want this to be true, but like another poster, am scared of laying down so much money one more time only to be disappointed!

Thanks for any input!

C.

Old 06-29-2009, 07:12 PM   #27
    Lisa_P
    (female)

I think it's so easy to do because you just change one thing a day. I find getting a good 7-8 hours of sleep a night hard, but that's MY issue. Sleep doesn't come into the "lesson plan" until Day 7... Day four is challenging, but it's kind of fun. You become a "label detective" and start learning what you should look for to avoid. Now that I'm in the homestretch, so to speak, what do I find challenging? Well, you can have dessert, but skip your starchy carb during the meal. Same with wine or alcohol. It's not hard to do, but it IS a bit of a cultural shift...

Old 06-30-2009, 08:42 AM   #28
    tee90
    (female)

tee90 HB User
    Thumbs up Re: "Food Lovers Fat Loss System"

Good Luck Lisa,
    It seems as though you are off to a great start!! I am considering ordering the diet... How much of an impact did this diet make on your grocery bill? I am one of those persons that doesn't eat that much (trying to limit my food intake which is the wrong thing to do of course)... I am on a tight budget but I am so disgusted with the person I see in the mirror. I have to do something! I am proud for you though... I am leaning towards ordering this diet, glad to have found a real person that was kind enough to document their journey!
    -tee90

Old 06-30-2009, 11:18 AM   #29
    MereHutchins
    (female)

MereHutchins HB User

I have been working out with a trainer, an ex Razorback and Miami Dolphin, Tony Bua... I go at least 3-4 days a week; it's pretty intense. he put me on the Zone Diet. I didn't eat regularly so it was a big shock of having to eat so often and so much. I was really interested in the Food Lovers Fat Loss System, after hearing Lisa P's experiences it sounds like it might be a good one to do. Not sure if i am ready to buy the program yet. I need to lose quite a bit of weight and hope with the weekly sessions and my new eating habits it will start to come off. So far i don't think i have lost much weight, but my clothes are getting looser. Good Luck to everyone out there.

Old 07-01-2009, 02:31 PM   #30
    Lisa_P
    (female)

The thing about this system is that there is no magic secret we never knew about. Well, except maybe that snacking is GOOD. This is NOT a "diet" that leaves me starving for something else. I have total control over my menu. I can eat ANYTHING. I just need to make smarter choices regarding breads and sweetners and drink lots of liquids. I have to eat 3 fat loss plates a day. And snack 3 times a day so I'm eating every 2-3 hours. Oh, and moderate exercise. THAT'S ALL. I "weigh-in" tomorrow. I'm not expecting big weight losses, but maybe inches!!?

Last edited by Lisa_P; 07-01-2009 at 02:50 PM.

Closed Thread