It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• what I am trying

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-29-2009, 08:27 AM   #331
    Kimeee
    (female)

Kimeee HB User
    Re: "Food Lovers Fat Loss System"

Chris! Great to hear it's going good for you. Keep it up!
    Kim

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2009, 12:29 PM   #332
    JayloCan
    (female)

JayloCan HB User

Day 2 of Detox going pretty well. Got rid of the headache and these smoothies are really quite good. Even the cleansing ritual is a bit better today. LakerGirlNE - how are you making out with day 3? I've noticed some changes already.

Good job on the eating out Chris - that is usually where I can get into trouble - keep on letting us know how you're doing.

ally165 - Welcome What ever you choose to start first - we'll be here. - Jo.

Old 09-29-2009, 05:03 PM   #333
    LakerGirlNE
    (female)

LakerGirlNE HB User

Hi, all... Jaylo, I hear you. The smoothies make everything else worthwhile. I had quite a challenge getting all my stuff done this morning and then getting my foods ready to take to my class. I took a large thermos with my smoothie in it, and a small thermos of soup. I took apple juice for the mid-morning snack. The bathroom was a challenge today, because I didn't want to be rude and leave in the middle of a lecture. Also, I didn't bring in the soup for the afternoon snack because I was a bit uncomfortable eating in front of everyone. What if the instructor asked if I brought enough for everyone? LOL Anyway, I ate the soup after I got home. It still fit in with the afternoon meal routine. But it brought up some really important questions about tomorrow. I've really been looking forward to day 4, because I got to eat an apple. [How pathetic is THAT?] But, after today's experience of trying to manage getting my food together for the day, and being 10 minutes late to class, I've decided to end my detox at day 3. I already get up at 3:45 each morning, I don't want to have to get up at 3am just to get my daily food ready. Also, I drive 70 miles to work, which is a very long ride, plus an equal ride back home. I just don't think its wise to be trapped in a car for long periods while doing a detox. But, that being said, I do feel cleaner, and in just 3 days I've lost about 5 pounds, and believe I am ready to jump back into the 21 day indoctrination. In fact, I am looking forward to it! I know what I did wrong the first time, and I plan to correct that and do amazingly well. So -- good luck to us all!

Old 09-29-2009, 05:53 PM   #334
    LIFISGOOD
    (female)

LIFISGOOD HB User

Hi I just ordered my kit two days ago and am both excited and scared to start. I, like most of you, have done many diets. I have come to the conclusion that it is all about choice. Just like we choose not to do the wrong thing I want to get to the point to choose not to eat the wrong foods that harm my body. I pray that God will help me embark this new saga of my weight loss mission. What advise can you give me or what should I avoid?

Last edited by LIFISGOOD; 09-29-2009 at 05:54 PM.

Old 09-29-2009, 05:55 PM   #335
    LIFISGOOD
    (female)

LIFISGOOD HB User

Hi I just ordered my kit two days ago and am both excited and scared to start. I, like most of you, have done many diets. I have come to the conclusion that it is all about choice. Just like we choose not to do the wrong thing I want to get to the point to choose not to eat the wrong foods that harm my body. I pray that God will help me embark this new saga of my weight loss mission. What advise can you give me or what should I avoid?

Old 09-29-2009, 06:09 PM   #336
    WendyM24
    (female)

WendyM24 HB User

I'm on day 19 of the 21 days and am starting to feel nervous that I will have lost very little. I feel better over all and my clothes are just the slightest bit looser, but no huge changes that I can physically see. I'll just keep chugging along though, since I think this is a solid plan and it'll take some time to really see a loss.

Take care,
    Wendy

Last edited by moderator2; 09-30-2009 at 01:30 PM. Reason: please do not post websites except as described in the Posting Policy

Old 09-29-2009, 06:48 PM   #337
    ally165
    (female)

ally165 HB User

Thanks Jaylo, I actually wanted to start with the detox but I don't think it is doable unless I am on a stay home vacation from work. I can't bring in a blender and I can't really do the second cleansing ritual while at work, sounded like it had to be done in the afternoon. The other problem is I have to much going on in the morning, trying to get the kids to school and getting to work. Hopefully it doesn't sound like I am making excuses... I'll read the booklet again but I think I am going to have to start with the 21 day plan.
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone. Sounds like the detox is challenging but works really well.

Old 09-29-2009, 08:16 PM   #338
    JayloCan
    (female)

JayloCan HB User

Hi there - day 2 of Detox went o.k. After reading your posts (LakerGirlNE & ally165) I'm thankful I have a homebased bussiness. Being at class would be rather hard and I can understand stopping at day 3. I think in 3 days the body is definately detoxing. Taking the blender to work or getting up at 3 am to prepare - well I would have a problem there as well. Just have to carry on and go into the 21 day program. I'm also with you on getting to eat the apple Yeah!

LIFISGOOD - my advice would be to read it all really well and follow it as best you can, keep looking at the posts to see what others are doing. Give it your best shot and never give up.

So on to day 3 tomorrow - finding that I need my sleep for sure, haven't found that burst of energy yet, but I am feeling better inside (if that makes sence) Onward - Jo.

Old 09-30-2009, 04:49 AM   #339
    I am Canadian
    (female)

I am Canadian HB User

I GOT IT!!! I GOT IT!!!! I FINALLY GOT IT!!!. I'm so excited. I got the kit last night and checked out the intro video and the detox CD. Today I'm going to buy all the detox stuff and start Day1 of detox tomorrow - Oct 1st.

My only worry about the detox is the Green Tea. I don't like any tea...so that part will be difficult.

Congrats to all that are working on their program and for those waiting for the kit, I hope you get it soon.

Jo (I am Canadian)

Old 09-30-2009, 08:47 AM   #340
    LovePRFood
    (female)

LovePRFood HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lisa_P View Post
    That's the best part! You can eat everything you're already eating -- the things you're "not supposed" to eat. Except you make sure you're on a schedule and that you're getting all the food groups. Oh, and it's best to have breakfast within 30 minutes of rising. But a sample menu... He wants you to start using fat and cheese and stuff more as a condiment and less as a smothering thing, but there are no hard and fast rules... For example, you would have a hamburger and a side salad. Then two hours later it's a piece of fruit or some cheese and crackers -- basically anything that is in the right proportion. Like I said before, the kit is kind of expensive, but it is very thorough and "takes you by the hand" through the whole process.
    Hi Lisa, I just received my package yesterday. It didn't take long to get here because I just ordered it a week ago. I am a bit disappointed. The infomercial said you can eat anything you want, but it's not true. I enjoy real butter with my bake potatoe and yolk in my eggs. I don't fry food so much since I have a nu-wave oven and that helps, but sometimes I do like to have some french fries that I fry myself. I make my own. I don't eat any of these every day, but I like the option to have them. Since I am Puerto Rican, our food uses condiments including salt, not a lot, but we need salt. What do you think of my concerns?

Old 09-30-2009, 01:55 PM   #341
    JayloCan
    (female)

JayloCan HB User

Right on Jo Glad you finally got your kit! I'm on detox right now and I'm sure you'll do just great! If you don't like tea - go for straight hot water? There were 3 other teas listed as well (I couldn't find them) but your in a city - that should help. - Jo.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:04 AM   #342
    JayloCan
    (female)

JayloCan HB User

Hi there - well 3 days of detox and I'm down 6.4 pounds On to day 4 which looks kind of nice as the in-between snacks are actual food that can crunch! Hope everyone is doing well - keep up the good work - Jo.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:05 PM   #343
    LakerGirlNE
    (female)

LakerGirlNE HB User

Love PR Food: I don't think that should be a problem. The key is moderation. A few days into the 21 day program, and he explains how to include fat [as a condiment] into your Fat Loss Plate. So, add butter to your potato, and you will like it and it will be a correct fat loss plate. He does suggest using less salt and trying other spices instead. I'm not a real 'salt' person. I normally don't add salt to food. But sometimes you have to add salt to certain foods. There are salt substitutes you might try. Hope this helps.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:09 PM   #344
    LakerGirlNE
    (female)

LakerGirlNE HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JayloCan View Post
    Hi there - well 3 days of detox and I'm down 6.4 pounds On to day 4 which looks kind of nice as the in-between snacks are actual food that can crunch! Hope everyone is doing well - keep up the good work - Jo.
    Good for you, Jaylo! I quit on day 3, just because I couldn't get the foods ready for work. If I were able to be home for 6 days, I would have done the entire detox, too. I think I am going to do another detox session this weekend. I really think it did me some good. At least on the weekend I can be home to make my food. I was looking forward to day 4, too. REAL food! An apple! An orange! WooHoo!! LOL

Old 10-01-2009, 04:31 PM   #345
    LovePRFood
    (female)

LovePRFood HB User
    Smile Re: "Food Lovers Fat Loss System"

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LakerGirlNE View Post
    Love PR Food: I don't think that should be a problem. The key is moderation. A few days into the 21 day program, and he explains how to include fat [as a condiment] into your Fat Loss Plate. So, add butter to your potato, and you will like it and it will be a correct fat loss plate. He does suggest using less salt and trying other spices instead. I'm not a real 'salt' person. I normally don't add salt to food. But sometimes you have to add salt to certain foods. There are salt substitutes you might try. Hope this helps.
    Thank you LakerGirlNE, I appreciate your quick response. I did google to find out about salt substitutes and found a very good one, which I will be ordering. I don't really put a lot of salt in my food, but I do like to use as needed. I see what you are saying about the butter, and I agree, it's the moderation that we have to becareful about. I do use adobo and sazon and a piece of smoke ham hock to make my red beans, but again, it's not like I eat that everyday. I guess I just need to listen to more of the audio CDs because all I have read so far is about the detox and the 21 days, and I believe that scared me a bit. I don't really want to invest so much money in another hard to live by diet. As far as sugar, splenda works well for me and I am going to try the other one that is mentioned as the #1. I love Italian and French bread, but then again, I guess I can have once in a while. I think I feel better about this after hearing from you and googling some info. Oh, and I love to have some picnic roast once every 3-4 months and I don't know if you know what pasteles are, but they are a great PR dish that again, it's only made a 3 or 4 times during the year. If you agree that this is ok, then I guess I will stay with my products from FLFL. Again, thank you so much and if anyone has anymore suggestions, please feel free to respond.

Closed Thread