It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• what I am trying

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-01-2009, 04:43 PM   #31
    Crystaldaydream
    (female)

Crystaldaydream HB User
    Re: "Food Lovers Fat Loss System"

Lisa, your replies have been so informative and helpful! I appreciated your time and trouble to give thoughtful answers to all of our questions! I am still sitting on the fence a bit, and thinking that I might see if I can do this on my own. I tried the Heller's Carb Addict diet a number of years ago, and it seems like the "fat loss plate" is a lot like the reward meal, only on this plan, you get it 3 times a day! THAT is exciting! A treat is always the next meal away! It also sounds like the weight will come off slowly with this plan, but maybe that is what makes it so wonderful, because you won't really feel you are dieting when you get to eat exactly what you would like to eat...or so it says in the infomercial! I will most likely order this kit, but I will have to wait for a bit and plan it into the budget! Gone are the days of impulsive buying! LOL!

Wishing you all much success;
    C.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2009, 10:42 PM   #32
    bogie12
    (female)

bogie12 HB User

Hi everyone,
    I just received my "Food Lovers Fat Loss System" June 30, it took me about 2 weeks to get it. I haven't had time to read thru & listen to everything yet, but will this Friday. I'm really looking forward to getting started! Will let you know how it's going. Lisa, keep up the great work! It is nice having you here to answer our questions & give your input on how things are progressing for you-thanks! Good luck to everyone else, too!

Old 07-02-2009, 06:16 AM   #33
    Lisa_P
    (female)

Lisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB User

I didn't review my materials much before starting. I popped in the "Start Here" DVD and just got started with the Rapid Results Journal. I didn't start until the next day, though. It was delivered late in the day, so I felt it would be best to just start when I had a full day.... And then Day 1 was just about snacking!!

But I have news!!! Did my check-in this morning -- Down ANOTHER 2 lbs this week (8.5 lbs in this first 5 weeks!!!), but my fat weight is down 9.3 lbs!!! So I am gaining LBM while the fat trims off. My measurements are really reflecting this. It is SOOOO COOL!!!

Old 07-02-2009, 05:38 PM   #34
    Crystaldaydream
    (female)

Crystaldaydream HB User

Wow, Lisa! That is really cool! It makes me more excited to get started as well. I am sorta doing my own version of this for now. I think I will have to wait a month to order, cuz of budgeting, etc. Bogie, congrats on your kit's arrival! I hope to hear wonderful things from you as well. Maybe this system will truly get many of us off the diet merry-go-round! I am so sick of dieting. Have been doing it most of my life, and just get fatter. There truly has to be a solution that we can live with, realistically. We are all looking for HOPE! LOL!

C

Old 07-03-2009, 06:19 AM   #35
    Lisa_P
    (female)

This program is The Bomb! And I mean that in a very good way. I'm on my 6th week, and I've lost about 10 pounds. There are others here who had 11 and 12 pound losses on the Induction (21-day start-up), so I'm still catching up. But INCHES!! I've lost so many inches! And over 3% body fat. This is THE way to lose. One lady here likened all the meals and snacks to a JOB when she first started, but you may find in just a couple-three days that you are all growly in the stomach every 2-3 hours! The body adjusts rather quickly, because this is such an intuitive way to FEED it!

Some of this stuff won't make sense until you are in the program, reading the material, and listening to the daily CD talks... B

I hope this gives you a headstart, an idea of what it's about. Honest, this program is SO COMPLETE.

Last edited by moderator2; 07-04-2009 at 04:47 AM. Reason: posted disallowed website(s) - please read the posting rules

Old 07-04-2009, 12:55 AM   #36
    Crystaldaydream
    (female)

Crystaldaydream HB User

Wow, Lisa! Great outline! I wrote it down so I could contemplate it! I really appreciate the info. I think I already "get" the fat loss plate. For me, it will be the tweeking of other things that I will need to learn about. I sorta failed on my hour by hour mission today to eat more often. When hubby is home, it messes up the schedule! I think there will be things that will be a challenge to make into a habit. Like all the water you mentioned! I drink lots of water already, but still not that much. I love my morning coffee and every now and then I like a diet soda. I am happy to hear your excitement, because that makes it seem more of a good deal to me. I have been a bit skeptical, because I have spent so much money over the years on things that failed me. I have been checking my blood glucose with the eating every 2 to 3 hours, and I find that is is more stable, high but stable. So, as a type 2 diabetic, I am also concerned with making carbs a free food when I have to normally watch them like a hawk to try to keep a handle on the sugar spikes. I am hoping for good things, over all, tho.

Thanks for all your feed back! It has really helped me a lot! I appreciate your time!

C.

Last edited by moderator2; 07-04-2009 at 04:48 AM. Reason: please, no discussion of other websites

Old 07-04-2009, 08:57 AM   #37
    Lisa_P
    (female)

Coffee, tea, soda -- it all counts toward that 12 cups. Just go for diet sodas, etc.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:49 AM   #38
    bogie12
    (female)

bogie12 HB User

WOW Lisa! Great job on your success! Sounds like you have a sound road under you for becoming thinnier! Keep up the enthusiasm & drive to change your body forever!!!

I'm going to do the 6 day detox program first then the 21 day program. Did you do the 6 day detox too? If so, how was that for you? I'm glad it's only 6 days, my biggest challenge is that 4 of those 6 days I"ll have my grandkids here Mon - Thurs. I'll be cooking for them & keeping them busy during the day, so I hope I don't get to exhausted or short tempered. I'll just keep telling myself that it's only for those few days & I can do this! Keeping them busy should help pass the time quickly. I'm really excited about getting started!! I'm going to go today and pick up what I need for the cleanse and start it tomorrow. Will let you all know how it goes!

Good luck to you to Crystaldaydream, sounds like you're getting a good head start on what you need to do. That was so sweet of Lisa to write down that list of to do's for each day to give us an idea of what to expect! Thanks Lisa! Will be great to see what next week brings for you!

Good luck ladies & I'll check in later to let you know what's happening here.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:35 AM   #39
    GonnaDoIt
    (female)

GonnaDoIt HB User

Good morning everyone ! My name is Denise and I joined about a week ago but my post got kindof lost. It's back there somewhere ? Anyway, I too have been debating about orderring this system. I wish it could get here faster than about 2 weeks. I'm going on vacation in about 4 1/2 and that doesn't leave me much time.

I think day 1 was something about snacking ? Can you have fruit alone ? Is it just certain lower sugar fruits ? I'd really like to be able to start until my system comes - with the upcoming vacation and all...

Good luck Bogie on that Detox !!! Please let us know how you're doing (with the kids and all). I too have a special needs child (adopted and a handfull at times).

So Crystaldaydreams - are we gonna bite the bullet and order our systems ? Have you thought about the $20. a month payment plan ? BTW, where did you guys order your systems from ? The website or the TV ? I wonder if one way might be quicker ?

Well let me get this posted or I'll never get any of my questions answered ?

Everyone have a Great day and Congrats again Lisa and Good Luck Bogie !!! Denise p.s. What does "go advance" mean ?

Last edited by moderator2; 07-05-2009 at 05:07 AM. Reason: please read the posting rules to know what is allowed - asking here is off topic

Old 07-05-2009, 11:23 AM   #40
    Lisa_P
    (female)

Snacking on whole fruit is GREAT! Any one whole fruit, be it a banana or a peach or a pomegranate... OR, anything that's about 100-200 calories.

Old 07-05-2009, 01:07 PM   #41
    bogie12
    (female)

bogie12 HB User

Hi Denise,
    It's really hard to tell you everything there is to get started on this program without the program in front of you. What I did while I was waiting for mine to come is, I looked on line to find out which foods would be higher in carbs & which ones would be lower in carbs. Then I would make sure that I had some of each to make a balanced portion along with my protein. I ate my snacks every two to three hours in between my meals & drank plenty of water. My snacks would be things like celery with some peanut butter, cheese & fruit, anything that I thought was a slow carb with a fast carb. I did lose about 5 pounds just doing that until my program came. I hope this makes sense to you. Good luck on whatever you decide to do. So far the detox is going pretty good-the smoothies taste very good & the soup smells great! I'll have that for my 2:30pm feeding (gee, I feel like a baby! LOL) I'm going to the bathroom a lot-addressing both issues-no diarhea tho!

Old 07-05-2009, 04:40 PM   #42
    Dee R
    (female)

Dee R HB User

Just saw the informercial today and found this message board. I'm very interested in this as I'm a type 2 diabetic. I do kind of follow this type of plan as to eating every 2-3 hours now; however, I think my portions have gotten all out of control.

Lisa, I have a question: I found a podcast for this plan and he talked about eating an egg mcmuffin or biscuits and gravy. If a fast carb portion is 15 grams of carbs - how do you account to have the whole muffin or the whole biscuit or a bun when most of them are around 30 carbs? Have you run across this in the plan? Thanks for any insight. Like I said, I'm very interested in ordering this for myself and possibly one for my son.

Old 07-05-2009, 04:56 PM   #43
    Uptowngirl09
    (female)

Uptowngirl09 HB User

Hi Everyone,

I ordered this program yesterday and then I found this blog. Lisa P, your postings gave me hope that this system is not just another diet program that I'm going to regret buying. I have high expectations for myself and this program. I've being saying to myself lately that there must be something more to losing weight beside just calories in vs. calories out. I restrict my calorie intake and exercise at least 4 days a week and I don't lose a pound! Then I get frustrated and go back to my comfort foods, completing my cycle of failure. I have never tried to manage my metabolism or my glycemic levels, because I don't know how to - so I'm excited for my program materials to arrive. Thanks Lisa P and I look forward to sharing my experiences with everyone.

Old 07-05-2009, 06:42 PM   #44
    Lisa_P
    (female)

Smile Re: "Food Lovers Fat Loss System"

A bread portion (like a muffin or a bun) is usually "two palms" -- two pieces about the size of each palm. He gives you a whole bunch of "eyeball cues" to help figure out portion size. I found this to be exremely helpful. By learning how a proper portion looks, your calories kind of take care of them selves. The only time you really count calories is for the snacks -- keep it within the guidelines.

Old 07-05-2009, 06:46 PM   #45
    Dee R
    (female)

Dee R HB User

Lisa,
    Thanks for the input on the bread portions. This looks promising. I'm going to follow your progress for a bit before I decide, but I am interested. I see you are from Iowa! Small world! :-)

Closed Thread