It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• what I am trying

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-06-2009, 03:50 AM   #46
    GonnaDoIt
    (female)

GonnaDoIt HB User
    Re: "Food Lovers Fat Loss System"

Thanks Lisa ! Denise

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2009, 02:35 PM   #47
    erin920
    (female)

erin920 HB User

Lisa, I was looking at everything I could possibly see (which is very little). I notice there is mention of not using products such as "pharmacist's daily and 5-way fat fighter" if their seals are broken; as well as mention of "auto-shipment program" for a "fresh 60-day supply of product." I have seen no mention of what these "products" are. I would love to order this, but if it has anything to do with taking booster supplements or anything other than food/diet, I'm not so wild about it. Do you know anything about these "products?"

BTW, I grew up in Lake View and my mom still teaches in Odebolt... even SMALLER world, huh?

Last edited by moderator2; 07-10-2009 at 02:53 PM. Reason: posted disallowed website(s) - please read the posting rules

Old 07-11-2009, 07:57 AM   #48
    Lisa_P
    (female)

Lisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB User

I haven't erally looked into these particular supplements. There was mention of this in the fat loss system kit, yes, but I never pursued finding them.

PS> WHAT a small world!

Last edited by moderator2; 07-11-2009 at 10:03 AM. Reason: posted disallowed website(s) - please read the posting rules

Old 07-16-2009, 04:58 AM   #49
    Uptowngirl09
    (female)

Uptowngirl09 HB User

Still waiting for my package to arrive takes forever!

Old 07-18-2009, 07:43 AM   #50
    Corgicottage
    (female)

Corgicottage HB User

Hi Lisa,

I found this discussion thread by searching for links for the Food Lovers Fat Loss System. I am going to be orering this system today.

I read all the posts and am heartened by your story. I am a 51 year old, fat, white female, diabetic type 2, insulin-resistance. I even had the lap band surgery, which was a huge disppointment for me and 5 of my friends who had it done. I need a plan which balances my glycemic control, as I realize the damage high blood sugar is doing to my body. I'm a little afraid of the first 3 weeks on the plan--was it horrible, tolerable? Did you crave foods?

I am struck by something Uptowngirl09 says in one of her posts, "completing my cycle of failure". That's me, everyday. I start the day doing well at breakfast and lunch, and then about 1pm those intense sugar cravings kick in. I try to assuage them with some diet soda--no, doesn't work. By 3pm I'm in for a candy bar or two, and the for the rest of the day I think, heck, I've failed again, might as well eat whatever I want and start again tomorrow. Except tomorrow is the same and every tomorrow turns into weeks, months of high blood sugars, lethargy, shame and discouragement. That's my cycle of failure, played over and over again. Goodness, I hate hating myself.

Does this food system lessen cravings? I need something that changes my...metabolism? glycemic control? I've heard about the concept of eating the right combination of foods for better glycemic control, but have never tried it.

I can't wait to get the program in the mail, and appreciate your posts, and the other folks on this thread, too.

Old 07-18-2009, 03:03 PM   #51
    NGeorgiaGirl
    (female)

NGeorgiaGirl HB User

Hello everyone! This is the first time that I have ever posted to any kind of chat but I am glad that I found this site. I was also looking online for any info on this plan and stumbled on to it by accident. I saw the infomertial this morning and I am very interested. I really like hearing about other people's experiences. I am also skeptical about spending money on anything. Over the past 25 years I have spent so much money on this program or that pill, whatever could be found out there. I would really like to hear what kind of success that everyone is having on this program before I take the plunge. I appreciate any information that I can get from anyone. Thanks for all of your help

Old 07-19-2009, 03:26 PM   #52
    Uptowngirl09
    (female)

Uptowngirl09 HB User

Hello everyone, I finally got my package in the mail, very excited! I watched the introduction DVD and I've decided to start with the 6-day detox. I feel this is truly my last try - I don't say that fatalistically but because after reading through the materials and researching Robert Ferguson on the web, I feel like this is really what I have been looking for - a system that forces me to really think about how I eat. I expect that I will succeed this time, that's why I say this is my last try. It does scare me though, because I know that if I do fail, it will only be because I do not have the discipline to follow through - and I pray that is not the truth. I went to a bbq this weekend, and a colleague of my showed up, I had not seen her in about 4 years - she is 60 and looks fantastic! She lost a ton a weight and literally looks like some crazy triathlete! I figure that if she can get that much in shape at the age of 60, I can do it at 34.

Corgicottage - welcome and good luck! We will break this cycle of failure!

Old 07-19-2009, 03:56 PM   #53
    Destiny2009
    (female)

Destiny2009 HB User

Hi everyone!!!!!!
    I am new here and I have been watching the infomercial forever because I am very skeptical. My cousin jumped the gun and ordered her kit already. I got a lil jealous but I am going to order my kit after doing some more research.

I do have a few questions for anybody that has done the system. Do you have to use the bathroom alot during the detox? I am going to college and I don't need to be running to the bathroom during class.

When did y'all notice the weight coming off? My weight loss will be slow anyway because I have a thyroid problem. If there's anyone with a thyroid problem too, please contact me and maybe we can motivate each other.

Last edited by Destiny2009; 07-19-2009 at 03:57 PM.

Old 07-20-2009, 03:09 PM   #54
    Miss Linda
    (female)

Miss Linda HB User

Hi everyone, I too am waiting for my program to come. I just ordered it over the weekend. I seem to be fighting my weight all the time. If it's a diet I've probably tried it somewhere in my lifetime. Problem is I seem to be able to loose 50-60 pounds, but then turn around and put it right back on! It's very frustrating to say the least. I just happened to find this website and am very interested in how all of you do that are waiting on your program to arrive. Having other people that are dealing with the same issue is definitely a plus.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:04 AM   #55
    Uptowngirl09
    (female)

Uptowngirl09 HB User

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well. Today is the first day of my 6-day detox - and I am excited!!! My attitude is so different than all the other diets I've tried before. This time I feel like I can't fail. Before my attitude was "I'll give it my best shot" or "I really hope this works". This time I feel like I can't fail. If I do, it will show me that I have no discipline, and I can't believe that is true.

Even though I'm not starting the 21 day phase yet, (I'll start after the detox), I decided to go ahead and do all my measurements and take my pictures. What an experience that was! I had to face what I had done to myself right there in color pictures - it was not pretty! But - it was liberating, I was able to take full responsibility for what I had been doing to myself and see how ridiculous it is to keep on harming myself in that way- there is no benefit whatsoever. The pictures helped me accept who I am right now (all 262lbs!) and be very grateful that I am now at the point where I am doing something to fix the situation.

have a great day.

Old 07-24-2009, 06:50 AM   #56
    Lisa_P
    (female)

Lisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB User

Taking those "Before" pictures is TOUGH!

My front picture was kind of fuzzy, but ok. I thought, "I can live with that." The side view... OMG, I looked pregnant! And the BACK?! OH MY GOD. I thought those pants were so cute, but my behind was NOT.

Yesterday was my last day on the formal program. What an experience this has been! I guess I was too excited along the way and shared too much information about the program (I was chastised, you know), but as I said, I was so excited, I NEEDED to let everyone know!

My results after 8 weeks were not as dramatic as I had hoped for in terms of pounds lost, but INCHES?! % Fat lost?!? Wow. It was 11 pounds total (but 12.5 lbs. FAT, so I gained LBM), 12.5" overall (that includes 1 3/4" off my bust, 3 1/2" off my waist, 3 1/2" from my hips!!). I lost 2 1/2" from the measurement around my rib cage above the breasts and under the arms. Needless to say, I need to buy a new bra! And I am down 4 1/2% Body Fat.

So. I am VERY satisfied with my purchase of the Food Lovers Fat Loss System. I haven't done the Detox Drop yet, but I intend to. And I have found this system SO EASY to incorporate into a real world lifestyle, that I see no reason to stop, like with an ordinary diet. I'm a Lifer!

Old 07-24-2009, 01:42 PM   #57
    Destiny2009
    (female)

Destiny2009 HB User

Congrats Lisa!!!!!!!! I am very proud that you stuck with the program. Did you like the recipes? I saw on the infomercial that you receive comfort food recipe cards. That's perfect for me, since I am from the south. Please keep us updated on your progress. I can't wait to get the program to help me with the Weight-Monster.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:53 AM   #58
    pinklady27
    (female)

pinklady27 HB User

I just saw the infomercial on TV and I am very interested in trying it. Lisa, I'm glad to see you have done so well. Congrats on the success! I keep losing and gaining the same 10lbs so I need to try something other than what I'm doing. I'll be ordering this system very soon!

Old 07-26-2009, 03:27 PM   #59
    dide
    (female)

dide HB User

Lisa can you please tell me about the recipes. I hate to cook. No lets say I really hate to cook. I am also a really picky eater. I really want to get it but I am not going to waste my money if I am not going to cook the food.

Last edited by moderator2; 07-26-2009 at 04:15 PM. Reason: please, no discussion of commercial websites

Old 07-26-2009, 03:53 PM   #60
    PP2009
    (female)

PP2009 HB User

I have not received my program yet, but I am convinced this will work for me. I have tried and moderately succeded on programs but I am looking for a life change that I can include my family. I believe this is it. I enjoyed reading this thread and look forward to being part of it. Success to all!!!

Closed Thread