It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• what I am trying

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-26-2009, 06:36 PM   #61
    alwyssmilingd
    (female)

alwyssmilingd HB User
    Re: "Food Lovers Fat Loss System"

Hi there! I'm new and also just ordered the program today. Can't wait to see it and hear what everyone thinks!

Dawn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2009, 03:26 AM   #62
    DREDiva
    (female)

DREDiva HB User

Hi Crystal,
    I too am a type 2 diabetic and I am struggling to get my blood sugar down in the normal range. I was thinking about purchasing this program because the info-mercial said it was diabetic friendly. Please keep me up on your progress.

I have a drs appt today and I am going to talk to her about it.

Good Luck!

Old 07-27-2009, 07:15 AM   #63
    Lisa_P
    (female)

Lisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB User
    Wink The continuing story....

Hey, guys! I am so surprised at how fast this last 60 days has gone. I am really a Food Lover for Life. I finished the 8 weeks and now I am on my own. I am SO confident that I can “Just Do It” now.

I have never experienced a “diet” that fit so well into everyday life! I can eat everything; I can easily wait for that extra portion I wanted at dinner until snack time… This is NOT hard! It is NOT “rocket science.” This is a very easy, common sense way of LIVING.

I am finding the longer I am in this Food Lovers “mode,” the better my whole life is becoming. I am less obsessed with eating, believe it or not, and somehow more self-aware in a GOOD way. It helped the other day when I found some notes from an ABC Good Morning America segment on weight loss.

I wrote “Take back control of your life – start small,” and “The body needs routine, sleep, etc.” And I wrote down 3 very important questions:
    • What do I feel deprived of in my life?
    • How is my life out of balance?
    • What am I really hungry for?
    And lastly, I had written “What you’re starving for is your life!”

Since I have been focusing on positive thinking and reinforcing what I want to accomplish and why, I thought finding this was a very “happy accident.” (I don’t believe in coincidences, so… No accident at all!)

Old 07-27-2009, 07:37 AM   #64
    alwyssmilingd
    (female)

alwyssmilingd HB User

Lisa, that is so awesome! It's very inspiring to read about your progress before I even start the program. I'm hoping this program works for both me and my daughter. She's overweight and also pre-diabetic so I just have to find something that will work for both of us. I was very impressed with the commercial and then reading all of your posts convinced me to order and give it a try!! Thanks so much!

Dawn

Old 07-27-2009, 09:15 AM   #65
    imskeptical
    (female)

imskeptical HB User
    Re: The continuing story....

Hi Lisa,

I looked at the commercial over the weekend as well and I am interested in purchasing the system. Since you have been on the plan, how much weight have you lost? Hope you don't mind me asking.

Thanks for your info, it is helping!

Old 07-27-2009, 03:56 PM   #66
    Lisa_P
    (female)

I was a little disappointed in my 21 day result – I only lost 5.5 lbs., but then I started calculating the Lean Body Mass and comparing inches – I lost 2% body fat and 6 ¾” overall in those first three weeks. Now I am done with the full 8 week program and my new totals are 12 ½” lost, 11 pounds, and 4.5% body fat—I gained a pound and a half LBM!

I know my results are not that dramatic. A lot of people are posting 12 lbs. and 5% fat last in that 21 day “induction.” And a lot of people are losing a lot initially on the Detox Drop (which I haven’t done).

I would drop 11-14 lbs. on induction when I did Atkins, but I'd gain the weight back fairly easily if I stopped following the plan. I really don't know how you could fall off this plan. "D-I-E-T" is a bad word, you know!

Old 07-27-2009, 04:00 PM   #67
    Lisa_P
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dide View Post
    Lisa can you please tell me about the recipes. I hate to cook. No lets say I really hate to cook. I am also a really picky eater. I really want to get it but I am not going to waste my money if I am not going to cook the food.
    You make all your regular foods. You cut a little fat, you make sure you're combining correctly. It's really not a matter of re-working your entire pantry. You DO need to learn to read labels and becoming informed of the hidden sugars. You'll see.

Old 07-27-2009, 05:17 PM   #68
    NGeorgiaGirl
    (female)

NGeorgiaGirl HB User

Congrats Lisa!!!! You have done so well. I am at a point in my life that if I could just get on a program and start to feel better - physically and mentally. I know that if I could lose just 15 to 20 pounds I would feel so much better. It sounds like you have really found a way of life that agrees with you. After reading your post I really think that this could be a plan that would be easy enough to incorporate into the family diet. You said that you were given a hard time (or something to that effect) about this program but you have really been an inspiration with your postings. I appreciate your honest and uplifting words. I am going to try and get some things in order and go ahead and take the plunge and order the program. Thanks again!

Old 07-27-2009, 05:29 PM   #69
    Texas Stace
    (female)

Texas Stace HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Uptowngirl09 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I ordered this program yesterday and then I found this blog. Lisa P, your postings gave me hope that this system is not just another diet program that I'm going to regret buying. I have high expectations for myself and this program. I've being saying to myself lately that there must be something more to losing weight beside just calories in vs. calories out. I restrict my calorie intake and exercise at least 4 days a week and I don't lose a pound! Then I get frustrated and go back to my comfort foods, completing my cycle of failure. I have never tried to manage my metabolism or my glycemic levels, because I don't know how to - so I'm excited for my program materials to arrive. Thanks Lisa P and I look forward to sharing my experiences with everyone.
    Hi, Uptown. I've been reading the posts on this program. Lisa's story is inspirational. I was wondering if you have received your package yet and what you think about it.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:46 AM   #70
    CitiGurl68
    (female)

CitiGurl68 HB User

Hi. I just ordered my kit Sunday evening and anxiously awaiting its arrival. I just wish that it didn't take 2 wks. I'd really like to get started now with the 6-Day Detox. I've tried a number of programs and just recently completed a program at a wellness center that unfortunately had to close it's doors due to a slow economy. I was doing really well on their program and lost a substantial amount of weight, but I still have a little more to lose. The Food Lover's program is very similar to the program that I was following at the wellness center, with the exception of me being able to eat my own food, and I figured I'd try this system to lose the last 35#. I'm looking forward to hearing more about everyone's progress and posting mine.

Last edited by CitiGurl68; 07-28-2009 at 08:48 AM.

Old 07-28-2009, 04:00 PM   #71
    Texas Stace
    (female)

Texas Stace HB User

Well, I ordered it today. I'm nervous spending the money, but in excited over hopes that it works.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:15 PM   #72
    dide
    (female)

dide HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lisa_P View Post
    You make all your regular foods. You cut a little fat, you make sure you're combining correctly. It's really not a matter of re-working your entire pantry. You DO need to learn to read labels and becoming informed of the hidden sugars. You'll see.
    My most regular food is cereal, peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches, spagetti, eggs, and ice cream. I told you I hate to cook. It is only me and I never saw the need to cook big meals. Thats way I am asking about the recipes.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:51 AM   #73
    courtney7826
    (female)

courtney7826 HB User
    Smile Re: "Food Lovers Fat Loss System"

Hi all!

I started my kit today, did some reading and watched the DVD last night. I'm on the 21 day metabolism makeover right now. Not going to do the 6 day detox drop booklet yet...too much of an extreme change for starting up. I'm going to do the cleanse drink every morning for a week though, before eating a solid food diet for the rest of the day.

So, I am half way through day one and haven't made any big changes, not feeling much different either...just adding some new things in. Going to take my "before" pics and measurements tonight, exciting!

I'll be back with an update. I'd like to check in everyday atleast until the 21 day makeover is complete.

Take care,

C.

Old 07-29-2009, 06:41 PM   #74
    NGeorgiaGirl
    (female)

NGeorgiaGirl HB User

Good for you Courtney! I am still on the fence about ordering the program myself. I am really looking forward to reading your post about what you really think about the program and how it works for you. Please keep us posted and believe me when I say I am really pulling for you. I really want to find a program that will work in every day life. Louann

Old 07-30-2009, 01:34 PM   #75
    largerthanlife
    (female)

largerthanlife HB User

I am so glad I found this site. I ordered the Food Lovers plan but I wasn't sure if it was any good. Seems like it is working for you though.

A lot of material to read but i like that you can eat whatever you want. Does anyone know how long this diet has been around? I just heard about it the other day but it seems to be well known online.

Good luck to everyone.

Last edited by moderator2; 07-30-2009 at 01:37 PM. Reason: posted disallowed website(s) - please read the posting rules

Closed Thread