It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Loose skin or Visceral/subcutaneous fat?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-19-2010, 04:36 AM   #1
    Illustrated
    (male)

Illustrated HB User
    Loose skin or Visceral/subcutaneous fat?

I'll try my best to keep this short and detailed:

So, I've lost 150 pounds (In 2007). The results of losing that much have left me with sagging skin. When I finally plateaued (Again, in 2007) I gave up. Finally, I jumped back onto my old schedule and tried to lose weight, for six months straight I worked out at a pace of 700 calories per day. My measurements haven't moved an inch.

I went to go see a doctor about my weight, he said my BMI was too low for him because he normally accepts people who are heavier. When he saw my belly he concluded it was all skin.

Now I am strongly considering a tummy tuck operation because it seems that the skin/fat around my abdomen has no intention of leaving. However, I just recently learned of visceral and subcutaneous fat, and now I'm extremely worried because I don't want to do an operation that will yield no progress.

When I lay down, my stomach is completely flat. Touching/pinching it reminds me of... some kind of soft/light towel. My midsection (more specifically, between my ribs, under the sternum, where's the only meat) is a little more thick than the bottom, but still fairly soft.

I'm sorry, but this was longer than I intended. I'd really appreciate it if you could read through the whole post, just so there isn't any confusion. I will post any pictures if they're requested, I didn't want to do it in the original post because I thought that would be too... straightforward.

Thanks!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2010, 03:11 PM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: Loose skin or Visceral/subcutaneous fat?

What's your question? How to lose more weight or what to do about the lose skin?

From information I have read lately, lose skin happens because of fast weightloss. It was said that if a person loses weight slowly, the skin has time to adjust. I can't confirm this by personal experience because I've never had to lose a lot of weight. Perhaps someone else on this board can speak to this issue from personal experience.

Closed Thread