It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• jitters on xenadrine

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-26-2001, 01:05 PM   #1
    ridden71

ridden71 HB User
    jitters on xenadrine

hey everyone,
    i've been taking xenadrine for a week now. i eat well, exercise, and drink lots of water, i've lost a few pounds, so i'm stoked about that. question: why do i think i'm going to have a heart attack on this stuff? my heartbeat is irregular sometimes while on this stuff. i also feel like my blood pressure is dropping sometimes. yea. i'm losing weight and dying. what fun. so is anyone else experiencing these negatives? i'm not restless at night, but i'd gladly be restless than costantly wonder if i'm going to croak on the bench press.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2001, 03:57 PM   #2
    peterpickel

peterpickel HB User
    Re: jitters on xenadrine

Xenadrine does raise your heartbeat.It is a pretty strong stimulant. The ephadrine causes some people to have heart palpations. If you think your heart is beating irregulary I would definetly quit taking it. Read the Warning label it should list some of the possible side effects. Check out "Important info for Xenadrine users!" it's towards the bottom of the board. <p>[This message has been edited by peterpickel (edited 02-26-2001).]

Old 02-26-2001, 07:45 PM   #3
    littlehollywoodstar
    (female)

littlehollywoodstar HB User

ive been taking it for 3 weeks now. I only take one capsule twica a day. I dont think I could handle the recommended dosage. How many do you take? Some people are more sensatve to it than others.
    karen

Old 02-26-2001, 09:20 PM   #4
    Starbuck

Starbuck HB User

Xenadrine contains the herbal source of ephedrine alkaloids. It WILL make you jittery, it is a central nervous system stimulant, and you will get used to it as you take it. I don't mean to sound like Mr. know it all, but all thermogenic supplements contain ephedrine.. and they all have side-effects. And ephedrine works. Is this not common knowledge?

Old 02-26-2001, 09:57 PM   #5
    richardthelionhearted

richardthelionhearted HB User

Is ephedrine/ephedra the important active ingredient in these products that people keep asking about? Because you can buy it in about a dozen different name brands at most gas stations for a great deal cheaper than even the metabolite (metabolife knockoff) stuff. I used 25 mg four times a day when I was first dieting, and there's no way I could afford the brand name stuff. Truck drivers have been using that stuff for years ("truckers aspirin") to stay awake. The most common brand name is "Mini' T" or "Mini Thin". I believe there is also a brand called called "max brand" and one called "yellow jackets" or something like that. It's all the same stuff and goes for 6 - 8 bucks a bottle (for &lt;30&gt; 25 mg tablets or &lt;60&gt; 12.5 mg tablets); the key is to read the label and find the ephedra/ephedrine amount, and then buy accordingly. It will probably be either 12.5 mg doses or 25 mg doses. The product label defines it as a "bronchodilator & expectorant", and the ephedrine will clear your head out pretty good.

I'm not endorsing the stuff, I think the FDA claims it has caused strokes in people with blood pressure problems or who have misused it, but if you're going to use ephedra/ephedrine, you might as well get the best possible deal.

Old 02-26-2001, 10:12 PM   #6
    ridden71

ridden71 HB User

yes, i've read all of the posts on this board about xenadrine and its contents. i understand what it does and how everyone thinks it is this "magic pill". i am just curious if anyone else has these odd feelings about it. my body is definately acting a little weird lately. i'm sure part of it is the healthy diet and the gallons of water i am drinking, but i can't help but lay some of the blame on the xenadrine. i'm taking 2 pills twice a day, BTW.

Old 02-27-2001, 10:57 AM   #7
    Mich

Mich HB User

Hi Ridden,

I was so desperate and disgusted last week, that I purchased Xenedrine at GNC...knowing fully, from this board, what the side effects would be. Anyways, I've been taking 1 pill in the am, and then another around 3 pm. I've stayed way under the recommended dosage because I'm VERY sensitive to caffeine. Quite honestly, I can't stand the jittery, speedlike feeling ...I feel like I could SNAP!!

Now I feel like I should have known better, wasted 40 bucks, and am back to where I started...overweight!

I'm happy to hear you've lost weight, I guess I will too if I speed around like this. Question is though: Is it worth it? Sometimes I feel like it is, I mean all I really want to is to be thin...it's a never ending battle, and I've grown weary.

I'm sure there are some that will say "It's the inside that counts" or "Well exercise more" but I'm beginning to think it's deeper and more complex than that...exactly why don't I just "LOSE THIS WEIGHT" and inturn feel better about myself? Am I just a lazy, complainer who NEEDS this monkey on my back, or am I naturally overweight, and there's not much I can do about it, or I don't have the willpower and drive to actually achieve my goals...there MUST be some REASON I don't slim down, I mean, let's face it, I"M UNHAPPY at this weight, I know I could look a lot better, and I know what I have to do to lose the weight...EAT LESS, EXERCISE MORE, DUH!!! So why am I still here, searching for a magic cure, why am I like this, why don't I have the determination to look the absolute best that I can, I'm certainly not content looking like this...always uptight about the way I look...latley I dread ocassions where I have to see people that knew me when I was thin...like they are talking about me, how I've LET MYSELF GO...I hate it.

Why can't I get downright MAD and do something about this...will I eventually get so frustrated that I do something or should I just accept the way things are?

Old 02-27-2001, 04:58 PM   #8
    Yasmine
    (female)

Yasmine HB User

Mich,
    I think the number factor you have to consider is that you cant be thin overnight, or in a week, or in 5 weeks. You have to accept the fact that whatever program you choose to do, you have to give your body time. Find a diet you can stick to, and as for excercise, find something you like to do, like walking, swimming, kick boxing, bike riding. And do it at least 2-3X a week to start. I found Tae Bo, and I love, it was hard at first, but it gets easier and fun! I hope you cheer up, its much easier to stay on the right track when your happy about yourself and proud of yourself. When i used to diet, all i wanted was quick results, but when i let go of that conception is when i started losing weight and believing what others told me. Good luck.

Old 02-28-2001, 09:56 PM   #9
    BFox

BFox HB User

ridden,

If the jitters are what is bothering you so badly, take Metabolite instead. The caffeine combined with the Ephedra is what is causing the bad jitters, not to mention if you drink coffee or soda. However, caffeine is an important component in order for the "supplement" to really work correctly. Good luck!

Old 03-01-2001, 11:21 AM   #10
    Mich

Mich HB User

Thanks for the advice Yasmine!!

I've decided not to take the Xenedrine anymore...my body just can't handle it. I'm considering the TaeBo tape, and just trying to eat low-fat foods. Lack of exercise is definitely my problem...physically and mentally!!!

Does anyone know if I can return the Xenedrine for a refund? I bought it at GNC, and I only used about 5 capsules.

Michelle

Closed Thread