It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Weight loss suggestions for sedentary lifestyle.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-24-2013, 05:38 PM   #1
    Terri D
    (female)

Terri D HB User
    Weight loss suggestions for sedentary lifestyle.

Hello.
    I had knee surgery 4 days ago for a severe fracture that needed a metal plate and screws. I also have Fibromyalgia and Ankylosing Spondylitis (which causes arthritis in all of my joints). I am disabled and spend most of the day in a electric reclining chair. I sleep in the reclining chair to keep my back from getting stiff.
    My orthopedic doctor said I need to lose weight plus I can feel the extra stress on the joints on the good side of my body when I am using just my good leg and a walker to walk. I am at high risk for injury to my good leg.
    In January I tried a 1,000 calorie diet for 2 weeks and lost 8 pounds but ended up eating a snack or nothing around noon, and then a dinner. This just doesn't seem healthy. We have little money to buy foods so we end up eating just the basics with a few spices. I tried the South Beach diet 5 years ago and lost 30 pounds. It worked great for me but I don't think I can afford all the protein this time plus I will need way less calories now since I was active the last time I did the south beach diet.
    Does anyone have suggestions about a weight loss diet for someone who is sedentary, has a broken leg, and has little money for food?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #2
    Trish0102
    Inactive
    (female)

Trish0102 HB User
    Re: Weight loss suggestions for sedentary lifestyle.

You can eat fruits and veggies that are not that expensive. Also, keep yourself busy to avoid unnecessary eating.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:54 PM   #3
    whackedback
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

whackedback HB Userwhackedback HB Userwhackedback HB User

I would definitely cut down as much as possible, but make sure you don't go hungry. Maybe slim fast or some other diet until you can see a physical therapist to begin rehab for your knee. Once you get to feeling better, I would ask the PT about personal training with your conditions. I really think aquatic therapy may be good for you, too.

wb

Old 03-31-2013, 03:58 AM   #4
    linzgirl
    (female)

linzgirl HB User
    Post Re: Weight loss suggestions for sedentary lifestyle.

Hi Terri ..

I'm a 60yr old woman who has always had problems with my weight..
    even tho people tell me I look good, I've always been conscious of it..

I've been in a wheelchair for 11 years after having had 3 operations on my Thorasic 9 & 10,
    due to a huge mass of Calcification which was compressing the Spinal Cord.. ..

the third op failed and I ended up in the W/Chr..

I lost my husband of 32yrs, he couldn't handle me like this, and had an affair..
    He's now remarried..

We divorced & now I've met a new man who is wonderful, and accepts me for who I am.

I'm like you, wondering what I can do to loose weight..

I bought some Garcinia Cambogia pills recently, as I was desperate to get some results..tho maybe you might not be able to afford them.??.

Check the Website and see how much they are..

I've got an exercise machine which I've had for a number of years,
    so I'm thinking I'll get back into doing that..

it's a good cardio workout for the body, but I must DO IT.. !!

The mind is willing but the body.. needs a lot of encouragement.. I'm afraid

(I DON"T like swimming so that's a no no.as well.)

what ever your decision..
    Keep asking questions of people you know & your Drs..to try & get help,

& remember your'e not alone, as you have all of us out here .. ..

I'll keep in touch and let you know how I get on..
    & you keep me informed of what you decide to do..

We can try & do it together.. :-)

Kind Regards
    Linzgirl NZ xx

Old 04-06-2013, 04:25 PM   #5
    kE893
    (female)

kE893 HB User

Hi Terry,

I am sorry to hear about that. I hope you recover fast from the surgery. I also had a knee surgery last year because of an accident and was confided to a sedentary lifestyle for a few months while recovering and undergoing physical therapy. As a result I have added more kilograms to my already over weight physique. I felt really frustrated and stressed out being confined to my home the whole day so I resorted to my favorite habit, eating, to alleviate my mood. I was worried for my ballooning weight but was unable to stop my eating frenzy. My sister recommended a pill called Liproxenol. It is a diet supplement. I was hesitant because I was worried that it might do more harm than good to my health so I discussed its ingredients with my GP. After careful consideration, he gave it a go. I felt its appetite suppression within days. My energy was high throughout the day and I didn't experience any nasty side effects. Best of all, I didn't feel that I was being suppressed from eating. I have been taking it for months now and have lost a few kgs.

Closed Thread

Tags
    ankylosing spondylitis, fibromyalgia, knee injury, sedentary weight loss program