It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Need help with weight loss! PLEASE HELP!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-18-2014, 07:50 AM   #1
    Spuffy
    (female)

Spuffy HB User
    Need help with weight loss! PLEASE HELP!!!

Hey!

So I'm 18, and I wanna lose some weight. I know exercise is a huge part of it, but I have no idea which foods to eat or how often to eat, ect

I'm 18st, I do Tae Kwon Do once a week, and I go to to the gym twice a week for an hour, which doesn't seem like much but I have a dodgy ankle D:

I really need help with the food side of weight loss, and the internet is so confusing, and is so contradicting

Please help!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2014, 06:10 AM   #2
    Carol in PA
    (female)

Carol in PA HB User
    Re: Need help with weight loss! PLEASE HELP!!!

You don't say how much you weigh or how much you want to lose. Because of your age, I suggest starting out eating a balanced diet of healthy foods, lots of vegetables and fruits. Fresh foods instead of processed. Many teens seem to eat a lot of pizza, hamburgers etc. You don't have to cut these out altogether, but cut back a bit and add healthy foods in place of them. Don't try starving yourself. That will only lead to eating disorders. You are already exercising...maybe add another day at the gym.

Old 07-20-2014, 11:25 AM   #3
    sweetpotato13
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User

Spuffy you'd be surprised to know that weight loss is only 20% exercise, and a whopping 80%, diet. My suggestion is that you drastically lower your consumption of cake, candy, muffins, bread, sugary soda, and any drinks where calories can add up quickly, even when they are good for you, like orange juice. Also reduce your spaghetti, potatoes, and choose brown rice over the others. Make foods like pizza a real "treat" sort of food, and load up on vegetables that are not starchy, like lettuce, tomato, cabbage, broccoli, peppers, onions. Choose any fruit over something more dessert-like, but keep in mind that certain fruits have way more sugar in them than others, such as watermelon and mango. The fruits with the lowest sugars are always the berries.
    Good luck!

Old 11-05-2014, 06:04 AM   #4
    BillyF
    (male)

BillyF HB User

Hello.
    You got yourself quite an accurate answers. I can only repeat what other members said - cut out sweets and junk food and eat fresh fruits and vegetables.
    Remember, be patient. Weight loss is not a overnight process. It takes time.
    Good luck.

Old 01-27-2015, 10:34 AM   #5
    mandy527
    (female)

mandy527 HB User

My advice for you is to start measuring everything you eat and track it. This will help you make sure you are eating the right amount. This may be a difficult thing to adjust to, but I am telling you it will help! You will also figure out where all your calories have been coming from and you just may be surprised! Good luck!

Old 01-29-2015, 12:03 PM   #6
    ryan015
    (male)

ryan015 HB User

Wanting to make a change and doing it are two totally different things. Take some time and research healthy alternatives to the foods that you love. This will take some planning but it's the only way it will get done. Good luck!

Old 02-02-2015, 09:26 AM   #7
    ryan015
    (male)

ryan015 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tanim7 View Post
    Exploration shows eating breakfast assists you control your weight. Some people skip dinner because they think it may help them lose weight, but missing meals doesn't help us shed pounds and isn't good for people like us as we can forget essential nutrients. It could also really encourage us to snack more the whole day because you feel keen.
    Some people think missing meals will assist them lose weight, but it's been shown eating regularly daily helps burn calories at a faster rate. It also reduces this temptation to snack on foods loaded with fat and sugar.
    Fruit and veg are low in unhealthy calories and fat, and loaded with fibre - three necessary ingredients for successful fat reduction. They also contain plenty of health supplements.
    I agree, missing meals can actually prevent you from losing weight because your body will hold onto the fat. Fuel your body every few hours to keep your metabolism up and this will help you lose the weight.

Closed Thread

Tags
    advice needed, food, loss, weight