It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• LEEP went well, waiting on results

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-26-2015, 08:54 AM   #1
    maggiejane1
    (female)

maggiejane1 HB User
    LEEP went well, waiting on results

Hello,

First, just a little background:
    I am 25 and since I went on birth control at 16 for ache, I have had normal pap smears. I married my college sweetheart and have never had any issues with my yearly exams. Two years ago (I was 23) I was told that the office now takes an HPV test during the pap, and I said go ahead. The test came back negative and I went on with my life. When I was 24, going in for my yearly pap I had nothing but positive thoughts. Then I got the phone call. I showed HPV positive but my doc didn't want to see me for a year. Well, here I am 25, another HPV positive pap and scheduled a colposcopy (to check the cell-change) which came back CIN 11-CIN 111 in one location on my cervix. Anyway, I had a LEEP procedure done under anesthesia at the hospital (yesterday) and everything went well, so far no bleeding, no cramps, honestly I wouldn't even believe anything happened to me.

I am brave and if I have to get any more LEEPs I will because I don't want my fertility to be compromised and my husband fully supports any alternatives (adoption, etc.) in case something more invasive must be done. BUT, I am only human:

So, my question is are there any stories out there where one LEEP did the job and your pap smear went back to normal (which is what my doc is saying will be the case) ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    hpv, hpv high risk, leep procedure