It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Almost 2 years without menstration ... then BOOM.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-12-2015, 08:13 AM   #1
    ClockworkElders
    (female)

ClockworkElders HB User
    Almost 2 years without menstration ... then BOOM.

Hey Guys,

I am super confused. I started having periods at the age of 8 and have always had a very unpredictable cycle. Typically ranging 3-5 months between periods, I have never been able to keep a steady cycle. I have always suffered from extremely bad cramps and chronic stomach pain during and without my menstrual cycle. At 16, I was given birth control as a means of regulation in an attempt to also lessen my pain, I have also had many ultrasounds as the doctors attempt to see the invisible/non-existent (according to them) threat to my system. The pill made it to where i only had 1-2 periods a year... at 18 I quit taking the pill and my cycle never returned to normal. I have had less periods than before, with double the pain. At 19, I became pregnant, much to my surprise and relief (having been told that it would be difficult for me to become pregnant), but unfortunately had a miscarriage at 8 weeks. I haven't had a period since. Now, at 21, I was doubtful I would ever have one again, I still had echos, like grumpiness and cravings, but never any blood. About a month ago, I had some very light spotting, I didn't know what to make of it so I just treated it like a period, stuck in a tampon, and wait. it was just for one day. Then, yesterday, I finally had my first period in almost 2 years. ITS BACK, with a vengeance. This is by far the HEAVIEST and most PAINFUL period I have ever experienced. And the days I spent crippled in bed instead of at school or on vacation are a testament to how utterly painful it is. I am so confused. It is as if my body was saving everything up to give it to me all at once. In those moments where the pain eases and I feel that I could run an errand, I'm too afraid to go anywhere in fear that I will bleed through my clothes before I even reach my destination. Its disgusting. Meanwhile, I am perplexed because I have gone so long without a period that I thought that because of my early starting age that I was going through super early menopause, my partner and I had all but given up on having children after the horror of the miscarriage, and then the lack of possibility, and although I'm excited about the prospect of having a second chance, I haven't received any viable theories from the doctors I have spoken with. I just don't understand. Any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2015, 11:19 AM   #2
    sweetpotato13
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User
    Re: Almost 2 years without menstration ... then BOOM.

My strong suggestion is for you to see your gynecologist. They will give you the perfect information.

Closed Thread