It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Copper/metallic vaginal smell? HELP!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-25-2015, 07:27 PM   #1
    chanyb
    (female)

chanyb HB User
    Copper/metallic vaginal smell? HELP!!!

The last couple of months, I have been suffering what I find to be an unusual vaginal odor. It is not "fishy" or "bleachy" but rather smells... metallic/coppery? Could also be described as a slightly "sour" smell?
    Similar to the smell of menstruation-- yet occurs even when I'm not on my period. My discharge doesn't have this odor at all, and doesn't seem to be out of the norm. I can only smell it on my partner after we've had intercourse, etc

My doctor has prescribed me medication for yeast infections and bacterial vaginosis and both didn't seem to have any impact whatsoever on the issue.

I'm taking Blackmore's Women's Bio Balance probiotics and I haven't seen any change either.

This is becoming very frustrating and putting a damper on my self-confidence and my sex life.

Please help

Last edited by chanyb; 07-25-2015 at 08:49 PM. Reason: add tags

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2015, 04:46 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Copper/metallic vaginal smell? HELP!!!

Have you gone back to the doctor and told him this? Honestly, it does sound like BV. You and your partner might be passing it back and forth- and even though you are getting treated, he might be reinfecting you without knowing it. Its harder to notice in men than women..

Talk to your partner. If he has to be treated, he needs the same antibiotics. Talk to your doctor, he should be able to swab you and tell if you are still carrying the virus...

Sorry, but unless both of you are treated, its highly possible this is why you arent getting rid of it...
    MSnik

Old 07-27-2015, 09:54 PM   #3
    chanyb
    (female)

chanyb HB User
    Re: Copper/metallic vaginal smell? HELP!!!

I am going to a gynecologist to get a culture done. My doctor didn't perform one last time before prescribing the treatments- I don't want to be taking antibiotics/antifungals again if I don't need to be.
    Even if we have been using condoms do you think it's possible it has spread to my partner?

Closed Thread

Tags
    bacterial vaginosis (bv), vagina smell, vaginal infections, yeast infection