It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

Yeast infection or bacterial vaginosis?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-23-2015, 12:55 AM   #1
LegendOfAspen
(female)

LegendOfAspen HB User
Yeast infection or bacterial vaginosis?

I have vulval (including the clitoris) burning and a weird discharge and it burns to pee. This happened after taking antibiotics for a UTI (very high white blood cell count along with urinary frequency and urgency and burning urination) which lead me to believe I had a yeast infection without the itching (which is possible). But I also have a fishy odor. Can bacterial vaginosis cause burning? What is wrong with me? I'm a hypochondriac and cant get to the gyno for a while. I can sit for long periods of time without it getting worse. Nothing really irritates it more, it's just constantly SLIGHTLY irritated/burning with no triggers, it's just there. Is this an infection or vulvodynia or what?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2015, 06:40 AM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Yeast infection or bacterial vaginosis?

It sounds like yeast, which can also have the fishy odor. If you cant get to the doctor, get to a pharmacy, buy a 7 day or 3 day (not the one day) Monistat treatment and use it nightly...see if that clears it up. Antibiotics do this to most women...
If this doesnt work, you absolutely have to get tested for BV, because monistat wont help this condition.
Good luck!

Closed Thread

Tags
bacterial vaginosis, gynecologist, vagina, women, yeast infection