It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Uneven breasts.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-06-2003, 05:47 PM   #46
    dmhealth

dmhealth HB User
    As long as I can remember I have had more hair on the right side of my head, my right thigh is 1/2 and inch bigger than my left (no matter my current weight), my right foot is a little larger than my left. The strange thing is that before I had children my left breast was larger than my right and now it is reversed. Fortunately I am small (A cup) and it isn't that obvious. My sister is a full cup larger on one side though, so I know what you're talking about. I actually thought everyone was at least somewhat that way. You can get the silicone inserts from Victoria's Secret and Frederick's also.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2003, 01:36 PM   #47
    art_1986

art_1986 HB User
    Hey guys. I am 16 and like most of you, i also have uneven breasts. For me it's very embarrasing because in my school during gym classes we go into the pool, and i feel uncomfortable doing it because of my breasts. I like to wear clothing that show off my curves, when i go out, but when it comes to my breasts i would have to stuff my bra with tissue in the smaller one and you can see the tissue through my shirt (so i dont do that often) in cases like that i would just walk with my hand on my shoulder (to cover it up) and i've become used to it. I thought i was weird and strange because of my problem, but after seeing that i'm not the only one makes me feel alot better. My mother told me that i should wait until i turn 18 to get surgery because during that time they MIGHT fix themselves, but i cant wait that long and i dont think they'll do that. Does anyone have any advice for me?

Old 07-08-2003, 03:22 PM   #48
    Pandabaire3

Pandabaire3 HB User
    I'm sorry but I agree with your mother that you need to wait until you reach full maturity because you ACTUALLY might still not be finished growing in that area. I would wait until at least 18 years of age - in the meantime, I highly suggest you follow the advice of getting a pair (to only use one) of silicone inserts. They sell these at Victoria's Secret stores and also on Ebay. You can find them on the internet by doing a search under "silicone inserts". Also, I know that if you go to a store like Target and get a bra with "gel cups" inside of it, you can take the bra apart to take out the gel cups. I know a woman who does this and she uses one of the gel inserts inside her bras just like it was a silicone insert from Victoria's Secret. Here's a tip for swim suit use - they sell actual swimsuits now that have opening inside the bra area to insert one of these silicone "cutlets" as I like to call them . My girlfriend bought a triangle bikini top last year and it had actual openings at the top of the triangles to put a silicone insert inside of it. Then the thing won't come out while your in water PLUS the straps from the bikini can be adjusted to pull your breasts up and make them perkier. Anyway, with one of these in the smaller side, you won't get embarrassed and you won't have to cover one side with your arm all the time.

Old 07-19-2003, 11:48 PM   #49
    salsa

salsa HB User
    I just wanted to say that I was so happy to come across this site!!! I'm 24, and my left breast is a very full C (at least) and my right one has to be a B. I've always been self-concious of this, not because I've received negative comments, but because I don't feel as confident. I really felt as if I was a minority; I'm just happy that I'm not alone.
    I only purchase bras that are usually seamless and come with removable foam pads (from a Very popular company). The seamless bras sort of camouflage the pad-line in the bra, so it looks very natural. I just put the 2 pads into the right cup. The company I bought my 2 favorite satin bras from stopped making them. They do have a newer bra that can be worn 5 different ways, it's seamless, and has removable pads. I like it. At the company's store at the mall I saw that they sold boxed pairs of silicone bra inserts. I think they still sell water filled inserts (they are clear and have pretty little things floating in them). I remember one of you bought the inserts (sorry, I forgot who!)

DO THEY WORK WELL?

By the way , I'm recently married, and my husband loves my breasts; he gets turned on when he sees or touches them, even though they are quite uneven.

To the younger girls: I know that there's alot of pressure out there to be absolutely perfect(I'm a victim sometimes). Look at yourself and find what makes you beautiful, sexy, attractive. Have confidence in yourself, and in who you are. This is the most attractive aspect of who you are physically, and others will pick up on that. I've tried to stick to that, and it works for me. I'm only unhappy about it when I let it get to me.

My very handsome, sweet, successful husband loves ME, and has never complained about the way I look.

Old 08-14-2003, 07:21 AM   #50
    hh26_24874

hh26_24874 HB User
    I am glad to see that some of you have gotten silicone bra inserts. Mine are the best money that I have ever spent. For the younger girls, don't have surgery yet, I am 27 years old and my breast still change size with every pound I gain or loose. I want surgery one of these days, but not now. I want to wait until my body gets through changing. For the younger ones, just get you some bra inserts and don't let them bother you. I know it is embarrassing if a guy sees them, but if they have anything to say about them, you don't need them anyway.

Old 08-17-2003, 03:40 PM   #51
    Pandabaire3

Pandabaire3 HB User
    OK - here is my opinion - At first I really liked my smaller breast in it's look and shape as my bigger breast sagged and the nipple was pointing toward the ground. Now that I've had reduction surgery on the bigger side and moved the nipple to the correct position, I like the way that breast looks. It's more full than the other side. If I ever really want to get them to be more exact in size, it's obvious to me that I will need to put an implant in the smaller side and over fill it. I may even need to put an implant on the bigger side and underfill it.

My suggestion is this: if there isn't much sag, get just implants put in and overfill the smaller side....this will prevent any unnecessary scarring.

If your nipple needs to physically be moved up like mine did - get the mastopexy ALONG with the augmentation on both sides. I wish I would've gotten implants but I have panic disorder and I already deal with being worried about medical stuff wrong with me - I fear that if I get implants I'll be worse - but really , if you can afford the implants and your not worried about them inside you - GET THEM.

Old 08-27-2003, 01:11 AM   #52
    Dessi

Dessi HB User
    I have the same problem, but it is my right one that is bigger. It is definitely enough difference where it is obvious through any clothing I wear. I finally bought a gel prosthesis that I wear inside my left bra cup. I also frequently wear sports bras because it seems to flatten everything out. When you flatten your boobs down, the difference is not nearly as noticeable. I also wear shirts that have designs on them. Plain, solid color shirts make the lopsidedness more noticeable, so go with patterns, etc. Good Luck!

Old 08-27-2003, 01:14 PM   #53
    petuniapig

petuniapig HB User
    I also have this problem, and I agree that evn though most guys will be okay with it if they really like you, it doesn't change the fact that you feel weird and insecure all the time. My right breast is a small B and my left breat is a large B. The left one sags, and the nipple points more downward, so that there is about an inch in difference of how my nipples line up. It really sucks cuz I can never go braless. I am 21 now, so I know this is how its gonna be. I don't want implants, but I do want to get the larger one reduced and lifted. My question is this: I want to breast feed my children (when I have some), but I really don't want to have to live with this until whenever that may be. If I get the work done before I have children, will it be a big waste of money because they will just sag again when I have babies?

Old 01-20-2004, 06:28 PM   #54
    LoveBug
    Inactive

LoveBug HB User
    Re: Uneven breasts.

Hey Ya'll! It's been so long since I've posted anything. I went to a consultation with a PS on my birthday (August) and he said it would be best if i made the larger one smaller, or at least just lifted the nipple. Well, anyway, I couldn't go have any surgeries because of my tight school schedule, so i still haven't gone through with it or anything. However, this semester I am planning on a three-day weekend, with Friday off. So, i'm thinking about getting it done that thursday so i'll have all weekend to be on the meds and recooperate. How long before you were able to go back to work (to anyone who has had this procedure) ? How long before you could continue exercising? I love to run, so i'd like to be able to get back to it as soon as possible. How long before the scars began to fade? I quit smoking on New Years, so i think i'm good in that department. Hahahah, i have the habit of rambling. WELL, i'm going to a second consultation (he's going to walk me thru the procedure and show me pictures of past patients) on thursday, the 23rd, the last one before the BIG DAY, February 19th, and i'm really nervous. I've been thinking about this for so long; it would be horrible to back out now, right? PLease, if any of you girls can offer my some kind of support or insight to your personal experiences, that would be so wonderful and so much appreciated! Love to you all, and many many thanks
    LoveBug

Old 01-23-2004, 07:34 PM   #55
    tzty
    Inactive

tzty HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aevin
    ... i'm 19 (almost 20 this month) and i have the same problem. my left is almost a cup size C and the other is an A... it really feels like such a burden to carry as I haven't told anyone but my doctor and find that when i'm even befriending guys, I'm feel like I'm deceiving them & everybody and so i draw back. how do you tell a guy that? i'm completely scared about the reaction and I constantly feel like i need to compromise myself. it's nice to hear that there are some guys who understand and don't mind but i can't help but think maybe theyre just a rarity. it really does makes me depressed, alters my self esteem/personality and holds me back in doing a lot of things that I want to do (swimming, gymnastics, wearing braless things...) it takes me forever to just leave the house sometimes.

See a Plastic surgeon or see your Gyno. They should be able to advise you correctly. It is common to have one a little smaller but to have that much of a difference is not common and can be fixed. Make sure if you do choose a PS that they are well certified and be prepared for more surgeries and possible major illnesses from the implants. Trust me....been there....done that and am now sick because of it all. I had to have mine removed at a young age....and the thing they did back then was automatically implants.....now I regret it.....now that I am older and sick for the rest of my life. Best wishes...but follow your head....and remember beauty comes from within you......body doesn't matter....but the real you does....and making them even or larger or smaller isn't changing the person you are. It is all cosmetic and you will still be you......a beautiful person.....Hugs, Joyshow <^..^>)))~~~

Old 01-23-2004, 07:38 PM   #56
    tzty
    Inactive

tzty HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LoveBug
    Hey Ya'll! It's been so long since I've posted anything. I went to a consultation with a PS on my birthday (August) and he said it would be best if i made the larger one smaller, or at least just lifted the nipple. Well, anyway, I couldn't go have any surgeries because of my tight school schedule, so i still haven't gone through with it or anything. However, this semester I am planning on a three-day weekend, with Friday off. So, i'm thinking about getting it done that thursday so i'll have all weekend to be on the meds and recooperate. How long before you were able to go back to work (to anyone who has had this procedure) ? How long before you could continue exercising? I love to run, so i'd like to be able to get back to it as soon as possible. How long before the scars began to fade? I quit smoking on New Years, so i think i'm good in that department. Hahahah, i have the habit of rambling. WELL, i'm going to a second consultation (he's going to walk me thru the procedure and show me pictures of past patients) on thursday, the 23rd, the last one before the BIG DAY, February 19th, and i'm really nervous. I've been thinking about this for so long; it would be horrible to back out now, right? PLease, if any of you girls can offer my some kind of support or insight to your personal experiences, that would be so wonderful and so much appreciated! Love to you all, and many many thanks
    LoveBug
    :
    I think your making the best choice Lovebug. Healing depends on the person, and yes your quitting smoking was a good thing to do no matter what. Congrats on the quit...I am still trying.....I do good for a while and then go back...one day soon I will toss them and never go back. Exercise will be some time as you will need to wear a support bra but you will be fine. Trust your instincts......and remember it will not change you.....Lovebug will still be Lovebug....only even. Best wishes, HUGS, Joyshow <^..^>)))~~

Old 01-23-2004, 07:47 PM   #57
    tzty
    Inactive

tzty HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hh26_24874
    I am glad to see that some of you have gotten silicone bra inserts. Mine are the best money that I have ever spent. For the younger girls, don't have surgery yet, I am 27 years old and my breast still change size with every pound I gain or loose. I want surgery one of these days, but not now. I want to wait until my body gets through changing. For the younger ones, just get you some bra inserts and don't let them bother you. I know it is embarrassing if a guy sees them, but if they have anything to say about them, you don't need them anyway.

hh26_24874,
    Hold off on the implants....or look information up on them on the net.....too many complications and too many illnesses. Take it from someone who is there.....If I knew then what I know now.......there would be no way that I would have permitted them to put them in me....I find that most of the ladies I know that had augmentation are sicker then those of us who had them replaced as reconstruction. I have a very dear friend in FL who has silicone on her brain. I have lost two special friends in the last few months and it is not a nice way to go. The illnesses that I have now should never have hit a woman my age let alone so many in one body. The thing that really hurts is that after my original Plastic Surgeon told me to get involved in the Dow Settlement he turned on me and told me there was nothing wrong......boy was he wrong. I now see a surgeon that will not do it for augmentation unless it is a case such as yours where you are two major different sizes. She stays with you through thick and thin.....actually she is one of my dearest friends since we went through so much together and will for the rest of my life. But she listened and helped me through the pain and problems when the original PS turned his back on me. Just be sure.....because it is only you who can decide. Good luck, Hugs, Joyshow <^..^>)))~~~

Old 01-23-2004, 08:02 PM   #58
    tzty
    Inactive

tzty HB User

Sweetheart,.....don't get upset. My best friend and I joke that I now have boobs and she still has inverted peanut shells. I have implants.....and now I am sick. You are smart not to mutilate yourself. When you have kids they may get larger and not go back. I can't guarantee that but it could happen. In the mean time....remember that God created you for you. You have to understand that a body is just that....a body. Trust me on this one. I kept myself starved so I wouldn't get fat because my husband has a thing about weight. I actually had to be put on diet pills one time because I gained too much too fast and it took some off. I got sick from the pills and stopped and now I am me. If he doesn't like me for me he can divorce me....and that is fine. I am me....love me for me.....the mind, the sense of humor, the silly way I smile, the crazy things I do, the love and compassion I show to others. If my breasts are all a man wants.....well, I don't need him in my life. I met my husband and we were only married a few months till I had to have mine removed and replaced. I should never had them replaced. I should have left them out. He loves me for me. Yes....me for me...that is great. I thought no one would understand or accept me but they do. As for my best friend....she has had more guys after her then a little. She and I joke constantly but she also sees how sick I have become.....how much less energetic I am and how I just can't go like I used to. She also knows all about my thoughts and angers. She has sat through them so many times. NO matter what she told me I am still me....the nut.....now that I think of it....I don't like being the nut....LOL>....only kidding. I am just glad that I didn't let it change me...I am me and people love me for me....because I learned to love myself. If this one boyfriend didn't care......trust me there are more out there. And if it matters to them......throw a porkchop to them and feed them to the hounds.....because they are not worth it. But you are......stay close to the boards.....talk to your parents. For all you know your mom was the same as you growing up or one of your aunts were. It is what's inside that make you you.......nothing can change that. BIG BIG HUGS....I am here for you anytime...remember that.....Joyshow ^..^))))~~~

Old 01-23-2004, 08:04 PM   #59
    tzty
    Inactive

tzty HB User

Salsa.......give your handsome husband a big smooch from me.....He is a REAL MAN!!!! I wish more men were like him......I am happy for you both. Hugs, Joyshow ^..^)))~~

Old 01-28-2004, 05:55 AM   #60
    LoveBug
    Inactive

LoveBug HB User

Joyshow,
    I really REALLY appreciate your posts. You seem to have your head on straight---and it's good to be a nut too! You are offering so much help and insight to these girls, I would call you an angel. I can't thank you enough. I don't even know what to say. God bless you, God bless you, God bless you.
    All my love,
    Bug

Closed Thread