It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Painful breast, please help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-25-2015, 04:24 PM   #1
    Rammy93
    (female)

Rammy93 HB User
    Painful breast, please help!

Hello everyone,

I'm really scared. My doctor's appointment isn't until next week so I'm looking for some kind of insight to calm my nerves for the time being.

Hi, I am a 22 year old female and I have a very tender/sore spot on my left breast I've had this pain before and it usually comes and goes and has been since around March, I went to the doctor and he found nothing wrong with it so I've never been that concerned with it. Yesterday I noticed that it hurt/was tender more than it has been before. It hurts to the touch and it is very sore, so now I'm starting to worry that it could be breast cancer. The pain is in the same spot that it is always in and hasn't moved, but it is way more sore than before. I've been checking myself regularly and haven't found any lumps. I should add that this is the first time it has come back since about Feb/March (it was off and on then). Should I be concerned? I will be making an appointment with my doctor for sometime this week, I'm just looking to get some answers for the time being to calm my nerves. Thank you!

Thought I should add, I am now starting to feel some tenderness on my right breast in the same exact spot as my left, I'm really worried...
    Also the pain I am feeling in my left breast is worse and seems to have spread a little throughout the breast. I am really scared that this is something bad.

Any insight on what this may be would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all so much!

Last edited by Administrator; 09-25-2015 at 07:39 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2015, 05:41 PM   #2
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
    Re: Painful breast, please help!

The symptoms you are having sound much more like fibrocystic breast disease. This is extremely common, causes pain and tenderness, particularly during the last half of your menstrual cycle, after ovulation. Breast cancer is typically a single lump, painless and non-tender. Fibrocystic disease can sometimes be felt as a thickening similar to a pile of spaghetti, not a single lump. The pain generally subsides with your period. A mammogram can be done (with ultrasound if any actual cysts are felt on exam), to confirm this. Fibrocystic disease is benign, so no worries. Treated in part by reducing caffeine, which seems to stimulate fibrocystic tissue.

Last edited by ladybud; 09-25-2015 at 05:43 PM. Reason: added

The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
    Rammy93 (09-26-2015)
    Closed Thread

Tags
    breast pain, sore, tenderness