It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Nervously awaiting my results

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-27-2015, 04:48 PM   #1
    Kaydence23
    (female)

Kaydence23 HB User
    Nervously awaiting my results

Hello everyone. I am a 35 year old mother of 2. I'm sorry if I give tmi but I'd like to explain my situation as much as possible. I have never had a issue with my menstrual cycle. Like never! But for the month of November I had my period from the 5th to the 8th which was a little short for me. On the 14th I started lightly bleeding and it is now the 27th and I still am. I have seen my dr on the 25th where they did a transvaginal sonogram. The tech mentioned she saw a cyst on my left ovary but said it could go away when I ovulated. Then she said the Dr will contact me in a few days with my results. With it being the holiday the office is closed til Monday. I am freaking out! I have read some of the symptoms and I have many symptoms that are associated with ovarian cysts and ovarian cancer. For at least 6 months I have been very very bloated thinking it was gastrointestinal. I've been taking probiotics and different bloating meds with no luck of them working. My kids have asked me if i was pregnant! The bleeding for 2 weeks have me really worried. I've gained weight for no reason. I eat the same as I always have. I watched the tech measure something round and dark looking on the sonogram that day and I have been searching the Internet to see what it could be. I may be over reacting but I am just so nervous waiting to hear back from the Dr. Has anyone had any similar experiences? And my mother is a breast cancer survivor and my great grandmother died from colon cancer. So I do have a history of cancer in my family. Any advice would greatly be appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2015, 05:03 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Nervously awaiting my results

Unfortunately, nothing I or anyone else is going to say right now is going to be "for sure", but I will share my experience. First you should know that 5 people in my family have died from female related cancers, so I am in a high risk group.

I started having problems in my 30s as well. I was in and out of the doctors office and ER because of pain. I had so many ultrasounds, my husband teased me that my insides "glowed', (even though they arent radioactive).

They found cysts. They found masses. They found so many things which they they wanted to "watch" until my next cycle. I lived with a constant state of fear. Each time I went back, something changed, somthing disssappeared or showed up.

I eventually went in for a complete laproscopic evaluation. Surgery. They removed about 20 cysts from me. NOT ONE OF THEM WAS CANCEROUS. I wanted a hysterectomy because I figured , why not? It will remove my chances. ...but my doctor didnt do it, stating that there was no reason to remove healthy organs.

Fast forward, I am in my late 40s now. and I am experiencing menopause. My blood work says that I am in the middle of menopause, I havent had a period in so long, I cant remember. I havent had a single cyst or pain in the last year either.

All I can say, is that cysts and abnormalities happen, but they can also be absolutely nothing to worry about. Even if we make ourselves sick worrying. I have a tattoo now which says "be here now". It reminds me to stay in the present, and not worry about things which havent happened yet. Try to remain positive and not worry about something you have no control over. You cant make yourself better by worrying about it, and you may have nothing to worry about. Its a few more days. Try really hard to stay positive.

Im sorry you are going through this. Its hard. I know that. BUt your chances that it is nothing are very real. Hugs.

Closed Thread

Tags
    ovarian cancer, ovarian cyst