It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• I'm so scared about my hysterectomy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-04-2016, 06:50 AM   #1
    Sad Sandi
    (female)

Sad Sandi HB User
    I'm so scared about my hysterectomy

I'm so scared I will feel empty after my hysterectomy next week!!!!
    I have no children and the feeling of wanting a child is growing stronger every day....we have talked about fostering but I so wanted my own child and now this is never going to happen....
    Will I feel empty inside??nwill I feel less of a woman??
    Will my partner look at me the same way???
    Will sex feel different for me and for my partner???
    I'm so scared of dying on the table due to blood clots.....
    Does the scar go???
    I am already feeling sad, I've been through so so much in the last year I'm not sure if I can handle this, I do have an amazing partner but don't want to worry her......
    Can and will these feelings go????
    I hope someone out there is feeling the same way so I can talk and maybe help each other...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2016, 03:12 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: I'm so scared about my hysterectomy

I am sorry you are struggling with this. These are questions a woman who is secure in herself would not be asking. It seems you need some counseling before you go thru with this.

Old 02-04-2016, 07:33 PM   #3
    STLouisgal
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User

I am sorry to hear you will be having this surgery and are not comfortable with the decision. I have been there and wish I had done things very differently including listening to my intuition.

Hopefully, you have gotten a definitive diagnosis and have exhausted all your treatment options. I had an unwarranted hysterectomy 10 years ago and I regret it for a number of reasons. I had children so that was not the issue. I wish I had understood how often hysterectomy is recommended unnecessarily as well as the long-term repercussions.

It is important to be comfortable with this life-altering decision before proceeding otherwise you may live with regret. Of course, if the surgery is life-saving (such as for a cancer diagnosis), you have no choice but to proceed. Counseling may be helpful. I went through quite a bit of counseling with multiple therapists after my surgery. I had never needed counseling before that.

Best of luck to you.

Old 02-05-2016, 06:42 AM   #4
    Cindy89
    (female)

Cindy89 HB User

This is a tough decision. If you have mixed feelings you can put it on hold while you figure out the best options. Also I hope you done second opinion and third opinion from the doctors. Also get counselling before you go through it

Closed Thread

Tags
    fibroids, hysterectomy, scared