It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Bleeding/Brown Discharge between periods? Scared!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-17-2016, 08:26 AM   #1
    Natashac99
    (female)

Natashac99 HB User
    Bleeding/Brown Discharge between periods? Scared!

I'm quite scared. I am 16 and still a virgin so there's no way I'm pregnant. My last period started at the 22nd January (maybe just after) and has since finished. Everything was fine until two days ago I noticed a little brown discharge, I didn't think much of it until it carried on yesterday and today. There's not lots of it, just like regular discharge with bits of brown (and I think i saw some red blood there too..) It's getting quite scary after reading all the things that can cause it. I am on iron tablets (have been on them for 2 months) but I don't think that can cause anything can it?
    I have an appointment with my nurse on Fri for a blood test to check my iron so I will bring it up then. Nothin like this has hapened to me before and my periods have been pretty regular since I was 11.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2016, 03:00 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Bleeding/Brown Discharge betwene periods? Scared!

Brown blood is old blood that wasn't expelled in a previous period. Your body is just cleaning itself out. Very normal. Happens to all women at some point

Old 02-17-2016, 03:42 PM   #3
    mmisty
    (female)

mmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB User
    Re: Bleeding/Brown Discharge between periods? Scared!

That happened to me when I was 18. Had a congested R ovary. Stopped after a while. No problem.

Closed Thread