It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Cystocele and hysterocele surgery

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-09-2016, 07:46 AM   #1
    Hijadeonagro
    (female)

Hijadeonagro HB User
    Unhappy Cystocele and hysterocele surgery

Hi darlings, I'm writing from Spain, I hope you understand my English.
    Three months ago I had a Cystocele and hysterocele surgery, It was done by a good dr here in Spain, he promised everything was going to be fine and the sick leave was of 40 days. The surgery was through the vagina, he removed the uterus, left the ovaries and lifted the bladder with a "net". I was happy the following day: no pain, no feeling something was dropping out from my vagina... I had repose for one month and a half, then I Started to have stings inside, I came back to dr and told me I refused the stitches, he had to cauterize. Now the stings have gone but for one month I have felt the same sensations I had before the surgery! It's like someone were pulling from my top of the deep vagina, I feel again something dropping and feel as if I had something inside the vagina. My dr said everything is ok, nothing out of normal. Then I started to visit a pelvic floor physiotherapist last week and said that everything is ok the net is being absorbed by my vaginal tissues, but I'm still healing, the scars inside are tight and my pelvic floor is too weak. Besides she has found out that I have a little rectocele! And my gyne didn't tell me anything about that! I am so sad, I can't stop crying, too worried... I have not tried sex yet... I feel sad about my kid and my husband cos I am all day obsessed with this and I don't feel like going out... I used to be a sportive person but I am not anymore... By the way, I began work three weeks ago and feel too weak and depressed, Very hard for me get up in the morning, I went yesterday to the social security dr who is the dr that gives you the sick leaves and she prescribed tranquilizer and told me I can work. I feel I can't go on with my life... I feel that I'm starting depression, I know that if I felt a bit better I would cheer up but I feel worse. Please anyone can help me with any piece of advice? Will I ever be happy?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2016, 11:09 AM   #2
    STLouisgal
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User
    Re: Cystocele and hysterocele surgery

I feel for you! It is no doubt distressing that this surgery did not have the positive results you were told it would or that it caused new problems. It is no wonder you are depressed. I have to wonder if hormonal changes that can be brought on by hysterectomy may be a contributing factor to your depression. Be watchful for this biochemical mood change so that you can treat it before it becomes severe. I became severely depressed after my hysterectomy and wish I had known more about the connection between ovarian hormones and mood disorders (as well as some other health issues).

Hopefully, you, your physiotherapist and doctor can figure out how to address the vaginal / mesh / rectocele and mood issues!

Old 03-10-2016, 10:03 AM   #3
    Hijadeonagro
    (female)

Hijadeonagro HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by STLouisgal View Post
    I feel for you! It is no doubt distressing that this surgery did not have the positive results you were told it would or that it caused new problems. It is no wonder you are depressed. I have to wonder if hormonal changes that can be brought on by hysterectomy may be a contributing factor to your depression. Be watchful for this biochemical mood change so that you can treat it before it becomes severe. I became severely depressed after my hysterectomy and wish I had known more about the connection between ovarian hormones and mood disorders (as well as some other health issues).

Hopefully, you, your physiotherapist and doctor can figure out how to address the vaginal / mesh / rectocele and mood issues!
    Hi my dear! Thanks for your fast reply. My sadness is because I don't feel well, I thought the surgery was going to be the solution to all my problems and it has been so different... I kept my ovules so the sadness can't be the result of hormones I think... I'll have to be patient because the scars are healing and it will take some months to feel better...

Old 03-10-2016, 02:41 PM   #4
    STLouisgal
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User

It is possible for removal of the uterus to disrupt the natural production of hormones from the ovaries.

Closed Thread

Tags
    cystocele, hysterectomy - long recovery, rectocele