It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• pelvic pain- 3 ultrasounds and pelvic exam

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-11-2016, 02:08 PM   #1
    ecl
    (female)

ecl HB User
    Unhappy pelvic pain- 3 ultrasounds and pelvic exam

Hi all! I have been having severe stomach and pelvic pains since early January 2016. At first, I thought that I could possibly be pregnant, but more than 15 urine hcg tests and a blood test proved that not to be the case. I went to my local ER on jan. 30 and had ultrasound imaging done; they found gallstones and a cyst on my ovaries and they suggested that I get my gallbladder removed to eliminate the sharp abdominal pains that I was experiencing... long story short-- got my gallbladder removed in mid-feb and am still in pain.... have since had two more ultrasounds (transvag and abdominal) and the cyst is now much larger. my periods have been off since december and my last sexual activity was in november, but I would say that after all these exams I can rest assured that I am not pregnant... what should my next steps be to figure out the problem???? :'( so tired of being in pain and my anxiety is through the roof..

The following user gives a hug of support to ecl:
    Froodie (03-12-2016)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2016, 02:21 PM   #2
    ShanaM
    Inactive
    (female)

ShanaM HB User
    Re: pelvic pain- 3 ultrasounds and pelvic exam

First I would talk to me regular doctor about getting something to help with anxiety. Second I would get a second, third and fourth opinion on what is going on with you. You are in pain, you know something isn't right, be your own advocate and keep asking for more opinions until you get answers. I wish you luck

The Following User Says Thank You to ShanaM For This Useful Post:
    ecl (03-11-2016)
    Old 03-11-2016, 02:23 PM   #3
    ecl
    (female)

ecl HB User
    Smile Re: pelvic pain- 3 ultrasounds and pelvic exam

you do not think it is pregnancy, do you? thank you for your kind words!

Old 03-11-2016, 02:24 PM   #4
    ecl
    (female)

ecl HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShanaM View Post
    First I would talk to me regular doctor about getting something to help with anxiety. Second I would get a second, third and fourth opinion on what is going on with you. You are in pain, you know something isn't right, be your own advocate and keep asking for more opinions until you get answers. I wish you luck

do you think it could be pregnancy?

Old 03-11-2016, 03:23 PM   #5
    ShanaM
    Inactive
    (female)

ShanaM HB User

I'm not a doctor, but I don't see how with all these ultrasounds, blood tests you could possibly be pregnant. I would get a closer look at the ovary though

Old 03-12-2016, 05:47 AM   #6
    Froodie
    (female)

Froodie HB UserFroodie HB UserFroodie HB UserFroodie HB UserFroodie HB UserFroodie HB User

Get another opinion and push to have the cyst removed and tested.

Old 03-12-2016, 09:49 AM   #7
    STLouisgal
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User

That's a shame that you underwent gallbladder removal and still have the pain. I assume it is the same pain you had prior to surgery? It can be hard to determine the cause of pelvic pain...so many organs in there that can be the cause. Ovarian cysts are common (actually part of the menstrual cycle) and don't always cause symptoms which may be why they assumed it was your gallbladder. I had a benign (non-cancerous) ovarian cyst that got to 9.5cm before I had any symptoms. Being that large, chances it would go away on its own were slim so monitoring it with periodic ultrasounds was probably not an option. I would have preferred not undergoing surgery but don't think I had a choice.

Did your doctor tell you the size of the cyst or do you have a copy of the ultrasound report? That may be helpful in helping you figure out how to proceed including whether or not to seek another / other opinion(s).

Best of luck to you in getting answers and proper care!

Old 03-13-2016, 10:14 AM   #8
    ecl
    (female)

ecl HB User

yes! they gave me all three ultrasound results... and the cyst recently measured about 6x5x5 cm on my right ovary. do you think they could have missed seeing a pregnancy on the ultrasound (would have been 11 weeks, 13 weeks and 15 weeks) .. thank you. not sure what i should do next

Closed Thread

Tags
    ovarian cyst, pelvic exam, pregnancy, stomach