It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Lsil/hsv1

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-30-2016, 10:17 AM   #1
    justme
    (female)

justme HB User
    Lsil/hsv1

Hello all,

First time poster here!

I recently had my 2nd annual exam at this new doctor's office. Last year, I met with the P.A. and this year I met with the M.D. I feel like the M.D. was a lot more thorough than the P.A. was last year. My pap results came back negative for HPV, but this is the 2nd year that I've had LSIL, so my doctor wants me to meet with an OBGYN to have a Colposcopy done. I am pretty nervous for this, but I know I'm probably just psyching myself out.

I'm obviously going to be asking the OBGYN these questions, but my Colposcopy isn't for another month so I thought I would see about asking my questions here first and maybe calming my nerves.

I'll be 26 in May and all my life, I have had HSV1 (thanks, mom!). I get a cold sore on my mouth about once a year and I use Abreva until it is gone. It just so happens that I have one now, about 2 weeks after my pap. I am wondering, is the HSV1 something that could make my pap results show as LSIL? I have never had an outbreak on/around my genitals (that I know of) but I know that since HSV1 is a virus, it could possibly show up anywhere.

I guess, my other question is - what should I expect to experience during the Colposcopy? I've done some reading online, but I'd like to hear about it from someone who has experienced it.

Thanks!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2016, 12:14 PM   #2
    Happysmile1
    (female)

Happysmile1 HB User
    Re: Lsil/hsv1

Hello,
    I recently had a colpoloscopy. I have an abnormal pap showing high grade abnormal cells and severe dysplasia. The colpo wasn't painful, but it was uncomfortable, they numbed My cervix and all I felt was a bit of pressure. For me they took three biopsies, one on each spot of dysplasia they saw. Then they put some mustard colored stuff on the spots to stop the bleeding, I forgot what is was called. The next few days I had some discharge, it was sort of like yellow and charcoal colored, that was just the stuff they used for bleeding. There was a slight odor but that lasted maybe two days and it was better, no more discharge. A week later I had all of the abnormal cells and dysplasia removed. That was a tiny bit painful, they numbed The cervix real good and again I only felt The pressure. The numbing shot they gave me made my heart race a minute or less But it started beating normal again. But afterwards I had The worst cramps but I was able to function and ate a big cheeseburger My husband kept me laughing. The cramps lasted a couple of hours and it was exspected. The biopsy results were less severe than the actual results, so I was very happy I had it done. But that was my experience with the colpoloscopy, I know I had it done for something different than what you have but maybe this helps.
    Good luck to you! We women are tough and we can handle anything.

The following user gives a hug of support to Happysmile1:
    justme (03-30-2016)
    The Following User Says Thank You to Happysmile1 For This Useful Post:
    justme (03-30-2016)
    Closed Thread

Tags
    colposcopy, hsv1, lsil, pap smear