It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Vaginal Dryness - Would Love Advice

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-17-2016, 03:36 PM   #1
    apeonies
    (female)

apeonies HB User
    Angry Vaginal Dryness - Would Love Advice

Hello everyone...

I am experiencing vaginal dryness which now has turned into lack of libido. I have been experiencing this for more than a month, five to six weeks. I keep waiting for it to resolve itself. I am pretty frustrated as I just can not seem to get aroused despite being in a healthy, happy long-term relationship.

I have been under a fair amount of stress for the last two and a half months due to a new second job. I have been smoking more cigarettes (daily average 3 - max daily 6) and not doing as much intense cardiovascular exercise. I still work outdoors and will on some days walk up to 10 miles (low cardio walking). I feel that my heart and breathing are not in great shape and since I try to think of health holistically, I was thinking that to fix this problem I should work on both - smoke less and make a point to get high intensity exercise in during the week. I can't do much about the stress as it is my highest paying job.

I am prone to chronic UTIs. The last UTI I had was 4/12/16 and went away fairly quickly - I was working *alot* that week and took "Cystex Plus" (contains Methenamine 162 mg -antibacterial and Sodium Salicylate 162.5 mg - analgesic) for pain - it did help after several hours and symptoms completely resolved over the course of five days. My doctor and I decided this spring that I would try to avoid antibiotics for treatment of UTIs thinking I may be killing of my vaginal flora. So for being under a lot of pressure and needing to get rid of the pain fast this was fairly simple for what I have experienced.

I'm not sure what my problem is. My internet research has a pretty wide scope of causes. I don't experience anything other than the dryness. Discharge is clumpy, white, it has an odor, but it's not strong. It seems pretty normal as I am not lubricated so discharge would be clumpy. I don't really experience "itchiness"... it does occasionally feel "itchy" but it's really it's just because it's dry as a desert down there.

I sent my Dr. an email but I am waiting to hear back. I am having a bad day and am getting pretty frustrated. I can't even masturbate. Kinda, but I don't get aroused or wet the way I used to, and I can't orgasm.

Anyone have any ideas? I have a friend that has suggested is it either 1. Stress or 2. a yeast infection.

Thanks, friends.

Last edited by Administrator; 05-17-2016 at 06:26 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    dry, infection, vaginal, vaginal dryness, yeast infection