HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Women's Health (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/womens-health/)
-   -   Yeast Infection, raw skin, need help (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/womens-health/1026143-yeast-infection-raw-skin-need-help.html)

MollyRando 10-05-2016 05:35 PM

Yeast Infection, raw skin, need help

Hi there,
I have had a yeast infection now for three days and two nights. I have inserted garlic up my vag overnight, coconut oil and tea-tree oil, yoghurt, aloe vera all that stuff and nothing is working. I am not able to go to a doctor so please don't answer that I should. I tried today to cleanse the affected area with Apple Cider Vinegar but it stung so badly that I had to wipe it off after a couple minutes. The skin is so raw and dry at the entrance to my vagina that it just burns and burns. I know it is not a UTI because I have had one before. This time all my symptoms match up with being a yeast infection. If someone could please help!!! I am sipping on borax water now so hopefully that does something but any ideas for a desperate woman would be great!

zoz 10-05-2016 11:56 PM

Re: Yeast Infection, raw skin, need help

[QUOTE=MollyRando;5435344]Hi there,
I have had a yeast infection now for three days and two nights. I have inserted garlic up my vag overnight, coconut oil and tea-tree oil, yoghurt, aloe vera all that stuff and nothing is working. I am not able to go to a doctor so please don't answer that I should. I tried today to cleanse the affected area with Apple Cider Vinegar but it stung so badly that I had to wipe it off after a couple minutes. The skin is so raw and dry at the entrance to my vagina that it just burns and burns. I know it is not a UTI because I have had one before. This time all my symptoms match up with being a yeast infection. If someone could please help!!! I am sipping on borax water now so hopefully that does something but any ideas for a desperate woman would be great![/QUOTE]

Hi MollyRando, what's your diet like? Are you eating a lot of sugary foods and yeast like foods?

MollyRando 10-06-2016 02:53 AM

I am actually on a diet of only whole foods, healthy grains and veggies. I never had a bad diet to be honest. My kids are the ones that snack on junk. :)

MSNik 10-06-2016 03:51 AM

It appears you may have tried too many home remedies and you are now dealing with something altogether different. Dont forget vaginitis is allot like yeast, but needs to be treated differently.

Have you tried over the counter yeast medication such as Monistat? If a three day treatment of that doesnt work, you dont have yeast. You very well may have vaginitis, which is a bacterial, NOT fungal. This requires antibiotics.

All the home remedies in the world will not help and actually, sipping borax water is NOT recommended as it can cause esophegeal problems.

You state you cannot go to a doctor. I am uncertain if this is financial or for other reasons, but if someone can get to a pharmacy for you, there are tests which can tell you if this is bacterial or yeast available . A pharmacist can help you. You really need to be tested either at home or by a doctor. Walk in clinics are usually available as well....

MollyRando 10-06-2016 06:00 AM

Thanks for that and will see about getting over the counter help. I live in a place where getting to the doctor can be a struggle but I agree with you and think it is probably time to take treatment a step further than my pantry provides! The itch at night it driving me up the wall so don't know how much sleep I will be getting tonight, wish me luck :)