It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

Recurrent Ovarian Cysts

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-27-2016, 03:37 PM   #1
pearlgarden
(female)

pearlgarden HB User
Unhappy Recurrent Ovarian Cysts

So I am a 28 years old, and for the past almost 2 years I am getting recurrent ovarian cysts. Every month to every other month I am getting cysts that are between 6-8cm. It could be either side, its not particularly one or the other.

I was on Birth Control from age 17-26. I stopped at 26 because I became ill and they wanted to rule out the birth control affecting me (I didn't think it was because I had been on it for so long, but whatever). Then about 6 months later I missed my period and had almost every symptom of a pregnancy, I was even lactating a little which I thought was very odd. Then a few weeks after I missed my period, I bled profusely, more than I ever had for 2 days, so much where I thought I may have to go to the ER (I did not because I can be stupid like that sometimes). I went to the doctor the next day and they said I had a large ovarian cyst. Since that time I have been on a few different birth controls and on every single one of them I continue to get the cysts. I have also had 2 rupture which is no fun.

A few months ago when I was driving I got a headache so bad that I actually saw little squiggles and then I went blind in my right eye for about 10 mins. My gyno and neuro told me I can no longer be on Estrogen birth control for a stroke risk and that was a migraine with aura.

So now the only birth control I can be on is Depo and I have seen from friends and heard awful things about it, and I feel like why even try it, the other birth controls did nothing anyway. Right now I am not on birth control at all and still obviously continue to get the cysts, very painful every time, bloating, gas, I have gained so much weight without changing anything and i CANNOT for the life of me the lose weight. I now work out 4-5 days a week doing spin classes and personal training and I eat a healthy diet of 1500 cals a day.

I guess I should mention I am also hypothyroid.

I know that ovarian cysts are normal for women, but is it normal for them to get like this every month or so? Does this sound like a hormone imbalance or something? I'm not sure what to do at this point, I'm getting told every other month I may need surgery, and I cannot for the life of me lose even 1 pound! Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
hormone imbalance, ovarian cyst, pcos, weight gain