It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Pregnancy Possibility?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-28-2016, 11:32 AM   #1
    writer1795
    (female)

writer1795 HB User
    Pregnancy Possibility?

Hi,

I am taking Linessa-28 (birth control). I had unprotected sex 6 days ago. My period is due next week, but I have experienced abdominal cramping, bloating, and nausea since earlier this week. I read that these are signs of implantation. Though I am protected with the birth control, I am wondering if there is still a possibility that I may be pregnant? If I did become pregnant, would I be experiencing symptoms this early?

I bought a pregnancy test. I have not used it since I am waiting to see if my period comes first.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2016, 06:01 PM   #2
    Operaghost
    (female)

Operaghost HB User
    Re: Pregnancy Possibility?

Sadly, no form of contraception is 100% accurate in preventing a pregnancy. Not unless it's sterilisation. Most, like pills or the implant, will be around the 99% mark, others can be even less than that. Whether it's tablets you're taking, injection or implant, there is still a very small, but still real possibility, of becoming pregnant.

As for signs and symptoms of preganancy, they can start anywhere from days after conceiving to most commonly obvious, weeks after. It all depends on your body. Having said that, don't let your mind convince you into relating one symptom to actually being pregnant straight away. For all you know, you may have eaten something that doesn't agree with you the night before but won't think of that because you think you might be expecting. The only way to be sure is to actually take the test and see what outcome you're faced with. If you doubt a shop bought kit, see a doctor and they will be able to set one up for you.

All the best.

Last edited by mod85; 10-29-2016 at 12:41 PM.

Closed Thread

Tags
    birth control pill, pregnancy, symptoms