It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Period lasting six weeks

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-20-2016, 09:32 AM   #1
    CobaltRose96
    (female)

CobaltRose96 HB User
    Period lasting six weeks

Hi everyone. I'm Hannah, from the UK.

I'm now 20. When I was 17, I was put on Cerelle (the mini pill) to help prevent severe migraines before my period. I cannot take the combined pill because I am a migraine sufferer. For the first 18 months/two years it worked wonders. My periods stopped completely, and I had no side effects whatsoever. I was ecstatic!

About a year ago, my periods returned. Initially, they were very light, only lasted a few days, and were very manageable, so I wasn't particularly concerned. However, about six to eight months ago, my periods became quite heavy and began to last for a loooong time. Two/three/four weeks is not unusual. My current period has lasted for close to two months. I've been bleeding almost constantly for six/seven weeks. It may stop for a day or two, maybe three if I'm lucky, but it always comes back. It's fairly heavy bleeding, and I've lost count of the number of pairs of underwear I've ruined! I've also been quite miserable/depressed, probably because I'm sick of bleeding all the time! My parents, friends, and colleagues have noticed I'm 'grumpy'. I'm frankly at the end of my tether.

Should I go back to my GP and see if there's anything else I can go on? Is it just that the mini pill doesn't agree with me anymore? Or could it be an underlying medical problem? I have a family history of endometriosis (both my mother and grandmother had it).

Many thanks!

Hannah

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2016, 09:36 AM   #2
    CobaltRose96
    (female)

CobaltRose96 HB User
    Re: Period lasting six weeks

I suppose I should also mention, my acne has gotten noticeably worse in recent months, too.

Old 11-20-2016, 10:53 AM   #3
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Period lasting six weeks

CCould be any number of things. A trip to the gyno if that is possible would be in order.

Closed Thread

Tags
    menstruation, periods, women's health