It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Ruptured Ovarian Cyst help?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-26-2017, 11:58 AM   #1
    dmarie9825
    (female)

dmarie9825 HB User
    Ruptured Ovarian Cyst help?

Last Thursday i was rushed to Hospital with a suspected appendicitis. My symptoms were severe right side abdominal pain with vomiting and diarrhea. When i had an ultrasound Friday they found a 5cm ruptured hemorrhagic ovarian cyst on my right side. I was seen by a gynecologist and she and the surgical team agreed they still were unsure about my appendix so they said they would do keyhole surgery Saturday and remove the cyst and appendix if need be.
    Saturday the gynae changed her mind (after the surgical team previously agreeing with me they would scan my appendix on Monday morning) sent me home on painkillers tramadol (because what the pumped me with in the hospital seemed to ease the pain) and they gave me birth control and told me to watch and wait for 3 months. I was told if need be i could come back to the ER in the mean time if i felt in pain or the cyst twisted. I am now home and the painkillers aren't working. Im very worried as im only 18 and im not exactly happy about the watching and waiting.
    I probably should have demanded to stay but i got scared at the thoughts of surgery with it to do with my ovaries and i wanted to go home. Now i regret all that because i have school and exams in June that i need to get into college and possibly having an operation at the end of April or start of May will not be in my best interest as i will be studying hard. I haven't much faith in birthcontrol as the cyst is only gonna grow bigger. I would appreciate any advice on what to do. I am in so much pain it hurts to even climb the stairs! I would much prefer to have the surgery since i need it sooner rather than later!

The following user gives a hug of support to dmarie9825:
    Dragonfly Wings (01-26-2017)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2017, 12:17 PM   #2
    Dragonfly Wings
    Senior Veteran

Dragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB User
    Re: Ruptured Ovarian Cyst help?

Big Hugs! If the cyst has ruptured already will it re-fill? Sorry, I'm unsure how that all works but would have thought they would go through with the surgery considering you're still in pain? Did they definitely rule out any other issues? I would be going back to the hospital and getting the help needed. Being told you need surgery one minute and then being sent home on pain killers and birth control the next is just insane.

All the best to you, please let us know how you go!
    K.

Old 01-26-2017, 12:32 PM   #3
    dmarie9825
    (female)

dmarie9825 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dragonfly Wings View Post
    Big Hugs! If the cyst has ruptured already will it re-fill? Sorry, I'm unsure how that all works but would have thought they would go through with the surgery considering you're still in pain? Did they definitely rule out any other issues? I would be going back to the hospital and getting the help needed. Being told you need surgery one minute and then being sent home on pain killers and birth control the next is just insane.

All the best to you, please let us know how you go!
    K.
    Thanks for your reply i honestly don't know if it can refill..I never met a doctor in my life that changed her mind so much! First i was having it the next day (friday) then i was having the surgery the following monday because staff at the hospital was low at the weekend and "i wasn't an emergency" then she said because the painkillers were easing the pain i was being sent home and reviewed in 3 months to do the surgery then if the birthcontrol didn't work! Not to mention when the appendix surgeons telling me the morning i went home that they still feared my appendix..(that was the only other issue that wasn't completely ruled out at the time) to come back an hour later and they told me they were handing my case over over to gnae doc altogether! i asked her about my appendix and she said i would be in acute pain and it wouldn't have been going on for days like my situation as i had been in pain since sunday and i went to the ER thursday :confused
    I think i'll have to go back as im honestly not happy and i don't fancy putting up with this pain for 3 months!!! thanks for your advice

Old 01-26-2017, 12:46 PM   #4
    Dragonfly Wings
    Senior Veteran

Dragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB User

No problem at all, I hope you can get some answers and the treatment you need!

Doesn't sound like it would be your appendix if it's been going on this long, but I'd certainly be going back about the cyst though if you're still in so much pain and it's not easing.

Please let me know how you go, big hugs!
    K.

The following user gives a hug of support to Dragonfly Wings:
    dmarie9825 (01-26-2017)
    The Following User Says Thank You to Dragonfly Wings For This Useful Post:
    dmarie9825 (01-26-2017)
    Old 02-02-2017, 08:58 AM   #5
    dmarie9825
    (female)

dmarie9825 HB User

Just wondering has anyone any experience with having an ovarian cyst in the past? how long did the pain last? im currently in bed with a hot water bottle to my stomach and im getting real tired of feeling this way. Im probably gonna go back to the ER next week because i can't put up with this pain in April!. I would really appreciate any replies thank you!

Old 02-02-2017, 09:47 AM   #6
    momontimeout879
    (female)

momontimeout879 HB User

If you are in that much pain go back to the ER. You need to advocate for yourself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following User Says Thank You to momontimeout879 For This Useful Post:
    dmarie9825 (02-08-2017)
    Old 02-02-2017, 12:14 PM   #7
    Dragonfly Wings
    Senior Veteran

Hey there, have you gone back to the ER? I really would like to encourage you to do so if you're still in this much pain. Please take care of yourself and I look forward to hearing back from you when you're feeling better! Don't take no for an answer and don't leave without feeling as though you have received the appropriate treatment.

Best of luck!
    K.

Old 02-02-2017, 02:36 PM   #8
    dmarie9825
    (female)

dmarie9825 HB User
    Smile Re: Ruptured Ovarian Cyst help?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dragonfly Wings View Post
    Hey there, have you gone back to the ER? I really would like to encourage you to do so if you're still in this much pain. Please take care of yourself and I look forward to hearing back from you when you're feeling better! Don't take no for an answer and don't leave without feeling as though you have received the appropriate treatment.

Best of luck!
    K.

Hi there thanks for the support! My mom got a letter from my doctor today for the ER so i will be going in a few days hopefully! i will let you know how i get on

Old 02-23-2017, 01:12 PM   #9
    dmarie9825
    (female)

dmarie9825 HB User
    Smile Re: Ruptured Ovarian Cyst help?

Last edited by dmarie9825; 02-28-2017 at 04:15 PM.

Old 02-26-2017, 03:57 PM   #10
    dmarie9825
    (female)

dmarie9825 HB User

just realized i replied to myself when i posted hope you can see it!

Closed Thread

Tags
    ovarian cyst, ovarian cysts, ruptured ovarian cyst, surgery, worried