It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• New Here

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-10-2017, 02:05 AM   #1
    Pandora327
    (female)

Pandora327 HB User
    New Here

Wandering around the boards, gleaning bits of information has to date been my only interaction with all of my fellow keyboard worriers. I always hoped that the information i got wouldn't have to be used, it would just fade into the back of my brain, and stay there till a Jeopardy episode for some reason mentioned LEEP.
    But now after 2 years of abnormal PS, Colpo's, and test results not being the shining beacon saying im healthy, nothings wrong. Granted i could be just overreacting, this just hits me in a bigger way then i ever expected.
    So my questions currently are:
    1. Is LEEP the best for my current situation? (i know they're alternatives, but how effective, and i live remote so when/where would these take place.)
    2.I have Mirena (IUD) love it, so far almost 8 years bub #2 free (not that i don't love babies, its just not the time to have a second, not that the first was planned) how is this effected?
    3. With my first pregnancy, labour was early, 5 weeks early...what could happen if a baby could happen? ( im familiar witht th efact that LEEP could need repeating)
    4. How do i hold my husbands hand through this, while he holds mine...nerve wracking is an understatement...?
    5. Do i even mention it to my daughter? (probably not, she would just worry, but we tell each other everything, and this is a major thing to omit for 5 years or so)
    6. How do i calm my head from hurting and overthinking, because this could still be a fluke, or it could be worse? (see total silver linings..I really hope, I don't have the strength some of my friends that have truly serious health issues have)
    7. How do i wait? the time in between, testing, results, waiting, speaking to a doctor that speaks English as a second language, and just waiting for it to either be over, or be better.

ive rambled enough, and that's mostly why im here, so ignore me if you don't want to respond. But if your dealing with life, health issues, and well more life, dang you are strong and i applaud you.

May you all be healthier everyday, and understand that you truly rock.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2017, 06:57 AM   #2
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
    Re: New Here

don't get leep, ask for cryosurgery/cryotherapy. they freeze the bad cells off and it's easy

Old 04-10-2017, 02:05 PM   #3
    Dragonfly Wings
    Senior Veteran

Dragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB User
    Re: New Here

Hey there Pandora327 & Welcome!

Sorry to hear things aren't ideal for you right now (hugs). Is LEEP what your doctor is recommending in your situation? There is also laser or cryotherapy but with these two options there is obviously no tissue specimens from the procedure for them to further investigate as there would be with LEEP.

I hope this helps!
    K.

Closed Thread

Tags
    cervical dysplasia/hpv/leep, mirena

« Sos??? | Nervous »