It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• 34yr old with Endometrial stripe of 13mm

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-15-2018, 12:35 PM   #1
    JE93
    (female)

JE93 HB User
    34yr old with Endometrial stripe of 13mm

Little backstory, I was to have a hysterectomy due to very heavy and break-through periods. Changing tampons every 20mins with also bleeding through pad as well. During pap smear, the doctor felt things. Went in for a transvaginal and also pelvic ultrasound. Found out that I have a 13mm thick endometrial along with posterior uterine fibroid that is 7mm. In the right ovary I have a hemorrhagic cyst. Left ovary consisted of multiseptated cyst (complex right paraovarian cystic mass) the size of the ovary itself. Going to have an endometrial biopsy done in a few days but a little worried at this point. At this point, really tired of waiting (tests have been going over for over a month now) and unsure what to really think of the results so far!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2018, 10:43 AM   #2
    STLouisgal
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User
    Re: 34yr old with Endometrial stripe of 13mm

Sorry you are dealing with this. At what point in your cycle was the u/s done? It's normal for the lining to get up to 16mm thick. A u/s done 1 or 2 days after your period ends is a good gauge of whether or not your lining is being adequately thinned out. But I've also read that it typically takes awhile for abnormal cells to develop from a too thick lining. And fibroids, even small ones like yours, can cause abnormal bleeding.

Ovarian cysts are common and oftentimes resolve on their own within a few cycles / months. Imaging isn't exact so they cannot always tell the exact type of cyst.

Let us know what more you find out. Hoping it's nothing serious.

Closed Thread

Tags
    cancer, uterine cancer, uterine fibroid