It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Irregular period

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-06-2018, 01:06 AM   #1
    Kas01
    (female)

Kas01 HB User
    Question Irregular period

Iím 40 and have always had a period every 28 days my whole life but the last 3 cycles have been 18 days 26 days and 18 days so they have all been early although just a normal 5 day period no pain or anything. I only have one ovary and no tubes which were taken a little over 4 years ago so Iím wondering if this could be the beginning of early menopause?
    Has anyone started to go through early menopause because of only having 1 ovary? I have had a few dizzy spells over the last few months as well and feeling really hot but I didnít think much about it until my period starting becoming irregular.
    I will be making an appointment with my doctor but just wondering if anyone has gone through anything similar?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2018, 07:40 AM   #2
    STLouisgal
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User
    Re: Irregular period

The removal of one ovary can impair ovarian function causing impaired fertility, irregular cycles, and an earlier and possibly more severe menopause. It would seem that tube removal could also cause problems since the tubes are part of the "reproductive" system which has lifelong functions, one of which is to produce hormones our whole lives to keep us healthy.

Closed Thread

Tags
    irregular period, menopause, ovary