It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• HELP! Menstruating issues. Vitamins the reason?!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-24-2018, 12:26 PM   #1
    IrishRose93
    (female)

IrishRose93 HB User
    Unhappy HELP! Menstruating issues. Vitamins the reason?!

Hi,

Earlier this year I decided to try and be a bit healthier (lose some weight) and decided to begin to take more vitamins as i though they would help my over all health.

So I started to take: Calcium, Magnesium & Zinc. Vitamin D3. Biotin 5000. Spatone Iron Supplement. Cod Liver Oil Capsule. B-Complex & B12 and a Multivitamin Drink(that included Vitamin A, D, E, K, C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, B12, Biotin and Pantothenic Acid) << they didn't seem so much when you're just swallowing them!

In February my period came but was quite light and then in March it didn't come. This month, April, it hasn't come either.

Do you think the Vitamins could be the reason it hasn't come?

I have always been very lucky with my period. always came, lasted 5 days and went until next cycle. never too heavy and never had cramps or any other bad side affects. I'm eating how i always eat, don't drink or smoke. definitely not pregnant. not stressed.

The only difference in my life is the vitamins. I've researched how much i'm taking versus recommended daily dose and i am taking in some cases twice the recommended dose.
    Example: Vitamin B1 Thiamin 8.1mg.
    Vitamin B2 Riboflavin 15.4mg
    Vitamin B12 2.5mg
    Niacin - 16mg
    Vitamin B6 1.4mg
    Vitamin B5- 6mg
    Brewsters Yeast - 50mg.
    Vitamin E -12mg.
    Vitamin C -12mg.
    Biotin-5mg.

I feel healthy. Not tired, have energy. not losing weight and am not having any other health issues(apart from no period)

Could the Vitamins & Supplements be the reason? I would really appreciate any help.

Thank you
    IrishRose93

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2018, 03:28 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    re: HELP! Menstruating issues. Vitamins the reason?!

Taking vitamins should not affect your period; however, taking too much of certain vitamins can definitely affect your kidneys and liver badly....you should never start a vitamin regimen without first having your blood drawn to check your levels; you can make your body toxic by taking too much of the wrong vitamins.

Stop taking them, go get your blood work done and make sure that you arent damaging yourself by taking too much; in the meantime, you can talk to your primary doctor or your gyn about your period.

It is not abnormal to have certain months of a heavier or much lighter flow; your body adjusts as needed; something to talk to your doctor about.

Good luck!

Closed Thread