It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Possible having Vulvodynia?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-25-2018, 10:37 PM   #1
    LittleOne9
    (female)

LittleOne9 HB User
    Possible having Vulvodynia?

Hi everyone!

Lately Iíve been having vulva burning, rawness, and itching . I been to the doctors multiple times. I would like advice if anyone here can give me their symptoms of having Vulvodynia and how do you think it developed.

So here it goes hereís my story...

Over a year ago I went to my gynocologist to be put on birth control. I was on it for two months then all of a sudden I kept getting recurrent UTIs once a month for three months. I couldnít take it any longer so I went to a urologist. Mind you I always got UTIs in my past but not like this! My urologist did a cystoscopy. Which is a camera that looks inside your urethra and bladder. He said everything looked normal but still prescribed me Bactrim for three months! At first I was a little hesitant about it but took them as percribed. I took it at night once a day for three months.

Guess what?! No more UTIs! (YAY) But then I was experiencing every time I would urinate it would burn after wiping. Thought it was a uti went back negative. At the time I didnít have the burning/ rawness in my Vulva area then. Only in the morning when I would wipe I would have this burning. As the day went on it would go away. I ignored it and just thought maybe I wasnít drinking enough water. Well months go by and decided to stop taking my birth control because my body wasnít reacting to it. I was moody, fatigued and not myself. Well as soon as I stopped taking it two weeks later I get this random burning sensation and itching on my labia. Went to the gyno, she said she didnít see anything prescribed me Diflucan anyways. Days passed and still had this random burning and itching. Some days I would have it some days I wouldnít. Then a month later thatís when everything went down hill and had this chronic burning, swelling, and dryness everyday...

For three months straight Iíve been prescribed ointments, been tested for everything under the sun and everything comes out negative. No stds, not a yeast infection, not bacterial vaginosis, no uti. (Ugh just wish I could figure this out!) ☹️ I was prescribed clobetasol 0.05% ointment for the burning, and was prescribed lidocaine ointment too. It helped for two weeks. I stopped using it because you canít use it longer than two weeks. Now as soon as I stopped using it my labia arenít burning anymore but not the opening of my vagina has these symptoms! (burning, rawness, dryness and sometimes itchy) Thereís no redness, just feel swollen and dry at times. It happens at the most random times I could be at work, walking or even sitting and this happens. Sex doesnít hurt but after a couple minutes I feel swollen and burning! Then it goes away. I switch laundry detergents and soap products that are fragrance free. Iím starting to think that Iím going crazy! Nothing I seem to do is working. Can anyone please give me insite and let me know what do you think it could be?

Could this be Vulvodynia? Could being on antibiotics and birth control cause this? This is causing my relationship to fail and my day to day life unbearable.

Thank you! 😀

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2018, 05:57 PM   #2
    Melissaadore
    (female)

Melissaadore HB User
    Re: Possible having Vulvodynia?

Hello! Iím so sorry youíre going through this. I can def relate to how frustrating it is because I too, have been going through similar hell since January. Except I was finally diagnosed with intersistial cystitis may 4th after months of agonizing pain and uti issues and even trips to the Gyno to figure out if it was even a vaginal issue at one point. Since the vagina and urethra are so close together it was hard to disguise where my issues were coming from but I was also on an antibiotic, augmentin, when all my issues started.
    Did they ever send your urine out for a microscopic culture? Were u ever having any blood in ur urine or anything? Are you 100% sure itís coming from the vagina ? My IC makes my vagina feel sore sometimes too and itís annoying because wiping hurts, sex is out of the question and during my period my cramps are the worse they have ever been and Iíve been on the pill for 12 years. Never had any bad experience on that though. I would definitely think about getting a second opinion. Did they ever do anything else like a vagina ultra sound/ cat scan or anything ? Best of luck that you find relief. I have yet to find much relief and Iíve been getting bladder instillations every week and those are causing more issues. Some doctors are so quick to rule out just infections and not dive deeper that there could be an actual under lying issue.

Old 05-29-2018, 03:33 PM   #3
    LittleOne9
    (female)

LittleOne9 HB User

Thank you for replying! I went to the urologist theee months ago because I thought I had a uti. I had the burning feeling when I wiped and had the urge to pee after I urinating. He brought up an overactive bladder. That could be my problem. Nothing was prescribed to me and I just forgot about it. Tested for uti and that was negative. But found white blood cells in my urine. They didnít do anything about it.... Also, I brought up IC to him and he shrug it off and said I would be in much more pain. Iím on my last straw here and ready to give up. I feel like a lot of my issues has to be with taking antibiotics for theee months. They did a CT Scan found nothing wrong besides they said I had an ovarian cyst on my left ovary. Didnít cause me pain. Now I just have irritation and dryness all day! Itís so annoying! Iím sorry you had to go through your pain as well! Iím glad you figured out your situation! I might make an appointment with my urologist again soon!

Last edited by Administrator; 05-29-2018 at 05:40 PM.

Old 05-29-2018, 05:51 PM   #4
    Melissaadore
    (female)

Melissaadore HB User

Honestly like I said Iíd try to get a second opinion from a Gyno.
    They can do something about vaginal dryness and irritation but if you think you have vulvodynia they need to look Into it! No reason to continue to have to feel crappy with no answers.
    And I may have a diagnosis but I have yet to find any relief though. Just was seen at the urologist this morning. Wanted to try Myrbetriq but itís $130 with my insurance for 30 pills. So thatís gonna have to wait for now sadly. But all of this has also affected my sexual life too like yours. All my pain has been in the urethra lately so sex is out of the question for the time being and gosh it sucks feeling this way. If youíre that miserable donít give up! Def try to see if you can find answers !

Closed Thread