It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Urethra Pain; feeling like I need to Pee even when nothing is there

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-03-2018, 11:19 PM   #1
    Reno2501
    (female)

Reno2501 HB User
    Angry Urethra Pain; feeling like I need to Pee even when nothing is there

Iím 17, but this problem started when I was a teenager. I came home from vacation one day, and that next day I went to use the bathroom. After I finished, I felt like there was more and I tried to get something out but only little drops. My family thought it was a UTI since my mother gets them frequently but I went to my regular doctor and she said everything was fine. I was recommended to a urologist who also confirmed no infection. Years later, Iím still suffering. I use to be able to just drink a full water bottle (16 ounces) and for some odd reason, the discomfort would subside. Lately Iíve been having to drink a water bottle and a half of another to relieve it. I also get a stretching feeling in my urethra, which Iím guessing is a spasm? Sometimes itís a pulsating feeling followed by a feeling of stretching. I usually always have to have a full bladder before going anywhere to save myself the discomfort of this feeling. I cant have my bladder empty without feeling this feeling of discomfort. Thereís no burning or itching at all. I cant sit down sometimes because of it, or put any pressure. I usually sit on my knees and drink a water bottle to try and relieve it. And after peeing sometimes I feel I have to really concentrate to even try and get the smallest drops out. The discomfort is more by my urethra. Iíve had this feeling before, I use to get it every so often, but I use to be able to just ignore it and not think about it and it would go away. Now itís always there no matter how hard I ignore it. Iíve tried amitriptyline, elmiron, Urogesic Blue, even an ointment my urologist had made that was a mixture of amitriptyline and elmiron that i could apply to my urethra since the discomfort was more on the surface. She recently prescribed me baclofen as sort of a last effort medication wise. Iím due to see a physical therapist to figure this thing out. Itís really out a burden on my life, and effects my daily life because nowadays my bladder gets full so quickly from the water Iím drinking to relieve it, that I have to urinate so soon after and do the process all over again.

I donít think itís IC, my urologist says thereís a few tests I can try that can rule it out, but the pain isnít in my bladder more my urethra and that general region. She said itís most likely pelvic floor spasms. Anybody have anything similar?? Or any idea what it can be? Iím open to trying medication, Iíve tried Marshmallow Root pills but it didnít help. Please help! Thank you!

Last edited by Administrator; 08-04-2018 at 12:11 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2018, 12:46 AM   #2
    Seraph
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
    Re: Urethra Pain; feeling like I need to Pee even when nothing is there

I knew someone who had a similar experience. It turned out to be an over sensitive clitoris. It didnít show on any tests and it seemed to radiate out over the surrounding tissues. She would use a bit of numbing gel (burn aid) on it and it gradually went away. Hope this helps. Sera

Closed Thread