It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• PMS but no period

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-14-2018, 12:40 AM   #1
    Natashac99
    (female)

Natashac99 HB User
    PMS but no period

I guess the first thing is that I worry a lot.

But basically past week or so I've been having a few of my usual signs (bit of a breakout, moody, tender breasts) and past few days some light cramps here and there which make me think its starting then go away for an hour or so.

But it's still not here.

I'm 18 and lost my virginity 2nd July and as I worry a lot, worried then until my period came as normal on 13th July. It lasted a week and was quite heavy - the usual for me. This period came whilst I was out the country, and I did travel quite a lot from 27th-28th, so I don't know if that's chucked things off course.

Now since that period came I can't be pregnant (uh...right???) but I'm starting to worry about how this is being late. When I was younger my cycles were about 35 days and now they are usually 28-30. But now it's at what...33? I'm getting scared! I KNOW how dumb it sounds but my main concern is pregnancy...I told my mum I was scared about my lateness but not about that - she doesn't know. In the back of my mind I know it's dumb to worry but I can't help it!

Last edited by Natashac99; 08-14-2018 at 07:23 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2018, 07:09 AM   #2
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: PMS but no period

Dear Natasha,

Worry about pregnancy is normal when we fail to make sure we are safe from an unwanted pregnancy. Yes, you could be pregnant. I thought the risk in a case like yours was low, but I had a regular period for six months and I was actually six months pregnant. It is more common that most people think. My period was always regular, and I already had a child where my period stopped when I got pregnant. But the second pregnancy was completely different and I had a regular period for six months before it stopped. Then I found out I was six months pregnant!

Worry and stress can mess with your cycles, so you really need to take care of this issue before you have sex again. As you know, worry doesn't protect you from pregnancy. If you don't want to get pregnant please stop having sex until you are established on birth control. Please stop taking risks.

There are usually clinics where you can get birth control, and you need to find out long the wait is until the birth control takes effect, and stop having sex until then. It is not worth the risk of the pain it causes everyone esp the child that is born out of wedlock. It never stops bothering that person.

There is also a big chance you can get a disease. Your partner also should be using protection, but because you can get pregnant it's up to you to protect yourself; please stop until you know you are safe. This info is to inform you, not scare you. Take care of yourself hon, because others cannot and will not do that for you.

Last edited by yayagirl; 08-14-2018 at 07:33 AM.

Old 08-14-2018, 04:46 PM   #3
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: PMS but no period

Women's cycles typically don't become set until mid 20s so you are nowhere near having regular periods. If you are concerned, take a pregnancy test. That will give you a definitive answer.

Closed Thread

Tags
    menstruation, period, periods, pms