It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

Anyone have pink color palms?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-05-2018, 06:59 AM   #1
smokeymtnrain
(female)

smokeymtnrain HB Usersmokeymtnrain HB Usersmokeymtnrain HB User
Anyone have pink color palms?

Hi Ladies,
Ok what is it now...a year and a half since my last period so I guess I am considered post menopause now. I have recently discovered that the palms of my hands are a little pinkish...maybe that's how nirmal palms are but I have also noticed that they feel warm at times and if my arms are down to my side, sometimes they will throb a little bit. They also feel tight when I make a fist, but no swelling. Anyone else experiece this? The tightness feeling is mostly my first finger and thumb more on one hand.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2018, 01:27 PM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Anyone have pink color palms?

It sounds like you either have some neuropathy going on or possibly a circulation issue.

I have neuropathy due to MS and my hands often tingle and "go to sleep" when they are domant and not being used for something. There is nothing they can do for me, but if you continue having issues and it bothers you, ask your doctor about an EMG or the possibility of circulatory issues. Its probably absolutely nothing to worry about- and it can be affected by the weather.....but if it starts to bother you, get it checked out.

Old 12-06-2018, 12:22 PM   #3
smokeymtnrain
(female)

smokeymtnrain HB Usersmokeymtnrain HB Usersmokeymtnrain HB User
Re: Anyone have pink color palms?

So sorry to hear about your MS...my Aunt lived with that for many many years. The thing with my hands is that while I always heard that in Menopause women get hot flashes, I really never had them but my hands would get warm which I thought were my "hotflashes" I usually have dry skin mainly because I don't drink enough water and I have allergies and I would have to put lotion or avacado oil on them to give my dry skin some shirt time reluef because it seemed like my skin absorbed the lotion or oil so fast that I would have to get doing that throughout the day...now, it's just the opposite. I have silky smooth feeling hands without any lotion or oils and as soon as I wash my hands and dry them, my hands are really silky soft feeling! It's weird. My palms really aren't that pink most of the time, but veing in menopause, I don't know what to expect. I have learned for me, in Menopause, you can get dehydrated faster because of lack of hormones. So the hand thing is pretty new and didn't know what to think. I have had dry skin all my life and then all of a sudden...my hands feel so soft with any lotion. Maybe normal hands/skin are suppose to be some what soft, I've just never had that.

Reply Reply