It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Women's Health Message Board

  • Fibroid and birth control

  • Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 01-12-2019, 04:51 AM   #1
    brightstar01
    Senior Member
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Mar 2011
    Location: uk
    Posts: 112
    brightstar01 HB User
    Fibroid and birth control

    I hope someone may be able to help me. Is it possible to develop fibroids while on a low dose oral contraceptive pill? I have seen that they are sometimes used to help with symptoms of fibroids. I have symptoms apart from heavy bleeding which may be masked by the pill. I have been on this pill for 3 years, but have gained alot of weight in the last 2 years. And possibly 2 stone overweight. Is it possible? Please help . I have a ultrasound being booked by my doctor. The doctor thinks my pain is bowel related and told me to use buscopan. But im convinced its more reproductive. I did not get a chance to ask about fibroids. She did check by puting 2 fingers in and pressing on lower abdomen. But i did not feel pain when she did that. Many thanks

     
    Reply With Quote
    Sponsors Lightbulb
       
    Old 01-12-2019, 06:27 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Apr 2005
    Location: Birmingham, AL
    Posts: 19,661
    Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Fibroid and birth control

    Possible, sure. Probable...not necessarily so much

     
    Reply With Quote
    Old 01-12-2019, 06:30 AM   #3
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Location: USA
    Posts: 1,986
    yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: Fibroid and birth control

    Dear brightstar,

    In one word, yes. Estrogen and progesterone both can promote fibroid growth.

    I am in America and I know the medical system is different where I am. Can you get a consultation with a gynecological specialist due to the heavy bleeding?

    Or can you stop taking the pill and use a different birth control method to see if that helps?

    Hugs,
    __________________
    ~ YaYa ~

     
    Reply With Quote
    Old 01-12-2019, 07:04 AM   #4
    brightstar01
    Senior Member
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Mar 2011
    Location: uk
    Posts: 112
    brightstar01 HB User
    Re: Fibroid and birth control

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
    Possible, sure. Probable...not necessarily so much
    Sorry im not sure what you mean. Could you explain please

     
    Reply With Quote
    Old 01-12-2019, 07:07 AM   #5
    brightstar01
    Senior Member
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Mar 2011
    Location: uk
    Posts: 112
    brightstar01 HB User
    Re: Fibroid and birth control

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yayagirl View Post
    Dear brightstar,

    In one word, yes. Estrogen and progesterone both can promote fibroid growth.

    I am in America and I know the medical system is different where I am. Can you get a consultation with a gynecological specialist due to the heavy bleeding?

    Or can you stop taking the pill and use a different birth control method to see if that helps?

    Hugs,
    Is it possible that they have developed while taking the low dose pill? Im wondering whether my weight gain my have caused one. I have not seen anywhere that says the low dose pill can protect from them..

     
    Reply With Quote
    Old 01-12-2019, 07:40 AM   #6
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Apr 2005
    Location: Birmingham, AL
    Posts: 19,661
    Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Fibroid and birth control

    Possible that it could cause fibbroids and other symptoms. Probable - no for too many other things.

    You don't tell us any symptoms or pain areas other than the fibroid and weight gain so no way to know what other things you may be experiencing and what caused them. Not everyone gains weight on birth control...some do, some don't. I maintained my weight for 30 years on birth control till I hit my 50s..but most women gain at that age. So with the little information you give, it's really impossible to say what is causing all your issues because we don't know what they are.

     
    Reply With Quote
    Old 01-12-2019, 11:19 AM   #7
    brightstar01
    Senior Member
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Mar 2011
    Location: uk
    Posts: 112
    brightstar01 HB User
    Re: Fibroid and birth control

    I have a constant pain below my belly button. Which feels better once i have been for a wee. Feels like uterus but could be bladder. I have also seen a light pink spot - just one spot a couple of times when i wipe after going for a wee over the last few months. Again not sure if bladder or vaginal. But think that could be causes from going
    Quite a few times a day and wipeing with cheap office toilet paper. I have no idea whats happening. At the end of october i had a sygmoidoscopy to look at lower part of colon and this causee excruciating pain. The same place i am feeling now. I have had this pain ever since. Not sure if it could ve that ..

     
    Reply With Quote
    Old 01-12-2019, 11:21 AM   #8
    brightstar01
    Senior Member
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Mar 2011
    Location: uk
    Posts: 112
    brightstar01 HB User
    Re: Fibroid and birth control

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
    Possible that it could cause fibbroids and other symptoms. Probable - no for too many other things.

    You don't tell us any symptoms or pain areas other than the fibroid and weight gain so no way to know what other things you may be experiencing and what caused them. Not everyone gains weight on birth control...some do, some don't. I maintained my weight for 30 years on birth control till I hit my 50s..but most women gain at that age. So with the little information you give, it's really impossible to say what is causing all your issues because we don't know what they are.
    Hi thanks for reply. Please see symptoms below..

     
    Reply With Quote
    Old 01-12-2019, 12:11 PM   #9
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Apr 2005
    Location: Birmingham, AL
    Posts: 19,661
    Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Fibroid and birth control

    I'm assuming you were tested for a bladder infection?

     
    Reply With Quote
    Old 01-12-2019, 12:18 PM   #10
    brightstar01
    Senior Member
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Mar 2011
    Location: uk
    Posts: 112
    brightstar01 HB User
    Re: Fibroid and birth control

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
    I'm assuming you were tested for a bladder infection?
    I have been given a pot to pee in but have not had time to take it in yet. But with a bladder infection woudnt it burn when i go for a wee? X

     
    Reply With Quote
    Old 01-12-2019, 02:42 PM   #11
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Location: USA
    Posts: 1,986
    yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: Fibroid and birth control

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brightstar01 View Post
    I have been given a pot to pee in but have not had time to take it in yet. But with a bladder infection woudnt it burn when i go for a wee? X

    An infection might not cause burning, though at times it does.
    Let us know the results of the urine test. I think it's important to get that done.

    Are your bowel movements irregular or hard?
    After a colonoscopy several months ago I developed a constipation and digestion problem that caused quite a bit of pain in my abdomen. Months later of taking probiotics, eating a lot of small fiber foods and drinking plenty of water the pain is lessening.

    I am wondering if your symptoms are regarding ore than one issue.
    How are you doing, now?
    __________________
    ~ YaYa ~

     
    Reply With Quote
    Old 01-12-2019, 03:27 PM   #12
    brightstar01
    Senior Member
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Mar 2011
    Location: uk
    Posts: 112
    brightstar01 HB User
    Re: Fibroid and birth control

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yayagirl View Post
    An infection might not cause burning, though at times it does.
    Let us know the results of the urine test. I think it's important to get that done.

    Are your bowel movements irregular or hard?
    After a colonoscopy several months ago I developed a constipation and digestion problem that caused quite a bit of pain in my abdomen. Months later of taking probiotics, eating a lot of small fiber foods and drinking plenty of water the pain is lessening.

    I am wondering if your symptoms are regarding ore than one issue.
    How are you doing, now?
    Well the sygmoioscopy results were fine. Just showed grade 1 hemmorhoids. But the pain from that was excrutiating. I probably should have had anasthetic but didnt. I could not keep still. I wonder if the surgeon scraped my colon or somthing. Bowel movements vary. Im eating a lot of fibre at the moe as im trying to lose weight.. it does feel like it could be urine infection. But i havent noticed any burning. Bit odd ay..i am so worried

     
    Reply With Quote
    Reply Reply




    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off




    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:31 AM.





    2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!