It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Worried sick cervical cancer symptoms or just something innocent

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-10-2019, 06:56 PM   #1
    Denise884
    (female)

Denise884 HB User
    Worried sick cervical cancer symptoms or just something innocent

Hey all,

I'm a little worried for some time now. Let me explain it a little.

I do have some symptoms that can be signs of cervical cancer. Symptoms like blood loss after or between my normal period, i'm incontinent, i'm having lower back pain, and dark brown discharge. Sure, these symptoms seem pretty general but it does worry me. I'm in my 30s and sadly most women get cervical cancer between their 30s-50s.

Incontinence symptoms are that i don't feel any of it, i just notice that after a toilet visit that i urinated in my underwear, and its not just a few drops, its a lot.

Something relevant, i was using depo shots for many years, at least more than a decade but i no longer take them for a year or so. Quitting depo shots do cause similar symptoms i think but still after a year?

The discharge is gone now, but i had it heavy some months ago, It was dark brown, didn't look like blood at all. My GP said that its normal since i no longer use depo shots but honestly, this same GP made some bad mistakes before so i simply can not trust her completly.

My last period was 27 februari, it seemed ''ok'' as far as i can tell. After that there were a few days of nothing, then noticed clear red blood after visiting the toilet, a day later again nothing, later on again clear light red blood and now i'm bleeding quite heavy again even though i had my normal period 2 weeks ago.

My ( other ) GP told me Friday that i need to go visit a gynecologist just to be sure and to see what's up. But i'm so afraid and stressed out. I will at least get a transvaginal ultrasound but i just don't have the guts to go. I had one before and it was ok but i'm so scared and freaking out because of this right now.

Ignoring it won't help me, i know that. sticking my head in the sand will not take away my worries but i just don't know what to do.

Am i freaking out over nothing? Are these symptoms because of me quitting depo shots? I have 2 GP's, one of them told me that it is most probably because of me dropping the depo shots, the other one told me to go visit a gynecologist just to be sure, both are not too worried.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2019, 03:58 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Worried sick cervical cancer symptoms or just something innocent

Sorry you are so stressed over this. Dark brown discharge is simply old blood that wasn't expelled in a previous period. That's it. No other reason. So it is perfectly normal, esp when going off birth control. Spotting is also normal. At your age you should be seeing a gyno annually whether sexually active or not. So that suggestion by the GP is very normal as well. I'd suggest you go for peace of mind.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
    Denise884 (03-11-2019)
    Old 03-11-2019, 04:08 AM   #3
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Cervical cancer is treatable if you get it early....and it is important you go get tested. Have you had a Pap test or an HPV test? You need both as both will give you information.

Ive been where you are and actually did have Cancer cells present...a colposcopy showed very little but I have had more than one test and will probably continue having tests for awhile longer before a decision is made on what to do...knowledge is power. Find a gyn who you trust. There are always other doctors you can see.... ask around and see who your friends like or who has had a good experience. I actually trust my Gyn with my life..literally.

The Following User Says Thank You to MSNik For This Useful Post:
    Denise884 (03-11-2019)
    Old 03-11-2019, 07:05 AM   #4
    Denise884
    (female)

Denise884 HB User

thank you both for the reply. just made an appointment, i'll see a gyn wednesyday, a very sweet lady. hopefully its nothing and am i stressing out over something stupid.i will keep you ladies updated.

Reply Reply