It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Is it my prolapse thats causing me to have problems with my bowels?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-20-2019, 05:54 AM   #1
    Don333
    (female)

Don333 HB User
    Is it my prolapse thats causing me to have problems with my bowels?

Hi I've been recently told I have a rectocele, cystocele and uterine prolapse, uterine being the worse one, I wasn't told what stage they were however presumed not bad as the only thing I was told to do was pelvic floor exercises for 3 month,and take painkillers and stool softeners and come back if pain worsens.

The symptoms I was having which led me to go and get checked out in the first place were sacrum area pain and pressure feeling rectum area along with feeling like I needed to pass stool all the time but being unable to vaginal stretching feeling when using bathroom. Pelvic and groin area pain and also problems having a bowel movement. Which has been getting progressively worse over the last few month.

Anyway the bowel problems over the last few weeks especially are really concerning me to the point I'm beginning to wonder if it is my prolapse or something else that is causing the troubles. I just haven't been able to pass stool at all really, if I do manage to go at all dispite my best efforts only a small amount of soft skinny flat poo comes out. The only way I manage to go is by basically living on stool softeners 2 to 3 times a day which results in a soft/liquidy stool that takes a bit less effort to pass. The pains I have been having have also reduced a little with not going to the loo basically and the less effort on the loo by using the softeners which is great but it's not solving my problems and it's frustrating.

Is this normal considering my prolapse are apperantly not too bad or am I right in thinking that something else could be going on?

Can't seem to find anyone writing anything similar everywhere I have looked online so I'm getting worried more and more about it all every day.

Anyone having the same symptoms or can offer advice please.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2019, 05:51 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Is it my prolapse thats causing me to have problems with my bowels?

Not likely... prolapses do not usually affect the bowels. See a GI doctor who specializes in both bowel health and pelvic floor issues.

Old 10-21-2019, 07:36 AM   #3
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Hi Don333!

I have read that both a rectocele and a uterine prolapse can cause constipation or difficulty passing stool. In addition, some pain or discomfort can come from a rectocele, cystocele or uterine prolapse.

Each individual is somewhat different and can experience different levels of pain and discomfort from physical problems.

If it were me, I would absolutely avoid any straining during bowel movements.

⇒ 900 weight lifts and 750 knee bends daily
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-21-2019, 09:27 AM   #4
    STLouisgal
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User

It is hard to say if it's all due to the prolapse or you have something else going on. If physical therapy doesn't help or is minimally helpful, you could always be fitted for a vaginal pessary which will suspend your organs. There are a number of different types / shapes of pessaries and some doctors may be more versed than others in fitting them. Some can be left in longer than others before needing to be cleaned and re-inserted (by you or the doctor).

I hope this helps!

Old 12-01-2019, 01:12 PM   #5
    joi42373
    (female)

joi42373 HB User

Not sure if you found answers as I am suffering the same thing .. .. I was told I have cystocele and rectocele and have issues with urinating almost constantly and for months now have issues having a bowel movement .. I feel like I canít seem to push out .. it even feels different.. Please advise what you have found .

Old 12-01-2019, 03:39 PM   #6
    joi42373
    (female)

joi42373 HB User

Hi I have the exact same issues as you .. was wondering if you found answers ..

Reply Reply