It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• 12 small follicles in ovary, pelvic pain?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-30-2019, 03:39 PM   #1
    Hardy77665
    (female)

Hardy77665 HB User
    12 small follicles in ovary, pelvic pain?

I have been having intense pelvic pain for the last few months. The pain is mostly a dull ache where I would imagine the uterus to be. I experience it every day no matter where I am in my menstrual cycle. Bloodwork and ultrasound cake back normal but my right ovary has about 12 small non dominant follicles? Also this ovary is slightly larger than the other. Wondering if anyone can provide some insight?

The following user gives a hug of support to Hardy77665:
    TreeFrog (10-31-2019)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2019, 07:04 AM   #2
    TreeFrog
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB User
    Re: 12 small follicles in ovary, pelvic pain?

Hi Hardy,

The intense pelvic pain and abdominal ache discomfort might not be related to the follicles or ovaries, but perhaps it is digestive system related.

What has your doctor told you about those symptoms?

Do you get constipated? Has a GI doctor tested you for insulin resistance? It is very important to ask questions, as you are doing, so good job! but don't let yourself get stuck worrying about that one aspect of your health.

Old 10-31-2019, 09:06 AM   #3
    Hardy77665
    (female)

Hardy77665 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TreeFrog View Post
    Hi Hardy,

The intense pelvic pain and abdominal ache discomfort might not be related to the follicles or ovaries, but perhaps it is digestive system related.

Do you get constipated? Has a GI doctor tested you for insulin resistance? It is very important to ask questions, as you are doing, so good job! but don't let yourself get stuck worrying about that one aspect of your health.

Old 10-31-2019, 09:12 AM   #4
    Hardy77665
    (female)

Hardy77665 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TreeFrog View Post
    Hi Hardy,

So far I have only seen a gyn and done bloodwork with an ultrasound. On my patient portal everything looks good and normal, which my doctor told me if everything looks good she advises me to see a GI doctor. So I guess that will be the next step! I did have constipation a few months ago when this all started up, I also had yellow mucus in my stool and at times I thought I was having diarrhea but it was just mucus. I also have pain from trapped gas in my left side when I lay on that side too long. I had a feeling it would be something with my GI tract but I wanted to check with my gyn first because Iím 6 months postpartum.

Old 11-07-2019, 09:54 PM   #5
    Hardy77665
    (female)

Hardy77665 HB User

*UPDATE*

I called my gyn about the follicles and she said it was normal and the follicles turn into eggs. I had my period 2 weeks ago and the pain has not subsided and I am now having sharp pains in both sides of my pelvis where I would assume my ovaries are. One day I literally was in so much pain I thought they were going to burst or at least thatís how it felt. I have also been having bouts of dizziness where itís hard to walk straight and even when Iím sitting or laying down I feel very lightheaded or like Iíve just spun in a circle nonstop for an hour. Iím exhausted in general but arenít all mothers lol.

Reply Reply