It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Pinkish discharge and back pain, Day 8

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-27-2019, 02:49 PM   #1
    Athenea2019
    (female)

Athenea2019 HB User
    Pinkish discharge and back pain, Day 8

I just turned 43 and my periods are normal, every 26 days. This month, on day 14 after my period, at the end of the day, I wiped and saw pinkish watery discharge. I didn't think anything of it. The day after, I saw the same more toward mid day on, for a few hours. It was mixed with vaginal discharge that was clear. I started to think it could be from stress, as I was stressed from work for a few days, or that it was an infection/UTI. I starting drinking more water, cranberry juice, yogurt and probiotic drinks, etc. This is day ten and it still hasn't gone away. As a matter of fact, for the first time I wiped blood and had bloodied my panty liner like I do day one of my period. But it completely stopped 1 hour later without further discharge. I'm also experiencing on/off lower left back pain since day 5. I'm actually still a virgin and not sexually active. I had minor period-like cramps in the AM but not for long. My period is theoretically due in 4 days. I have made an appointment with my gyno on Monday (in four days.) But I'm nervous since the pink watery discharge has persisted and due to drinking liquids I'm urinating constantly. I do not need to wake up from sleep to urinate. I'm feeling nervous. Could it also be kidney issue? I do not have heavy periods and they are still normal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2019, 05:20 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Pinkish discharge and back pain, Day 8

Sounds like the start of perimenopause or simply a yeast infection. I wouldn't worry about it. Just get checked and follow your gyno's recs.

Old 11-28-2019, 08:36 AM   #3
    Athenea2019
    (female)

Athenea2019 HB User

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have to wait until Monday, unless my period comes Sunday as scheduled then I'll have to go next week.

I think I had a yeast infection or uti about two years ago and it took two weeks to go away, but I don't remember if I had this kind of discharge. Today no back pain and no real pinkish discharge. It is odd that I seem to notice or get it during the day? Because by 9 or 10 pm there is no color when I wipe and nothing overnight. I don't know if that means anything. I just feel when I do like my period should be coming soon.

Old 11-28-2019, 09:17 AM   #4
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

so that's another indication of peri. Your gyno can sort it all out. Lo dose birth control might be able to even that out if that's indeed what's going on

Old 11-28-2019, 09:26 AM   #5
    Athenea2019
    (female)

Athenea2019 HB User

Can it be related to any kidney problems? I tend to enjoy dairy a lot - lattes and cheese. But I drink water too. I suppose I need to cut down

Reply Reply