It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Intense ovary pain woke me up

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-01-2019, 07:35 AM   #1
    Hardy77665
    (female)

Hardy77665 HB User
    Intense ovary pain woke me up

Iíve been having abdominal pain for about 4 or 5 months now, more recently Iíve started having pain where my ovaries are. I recently had a ultrasound where they found a 2.5cm uterine fibroid and a 2.4cm cyst on my right ovary. Last night I woke up around 5 to very intense pain on my left ovary. It was very sharp pain and was worse with any movement or walking. After a while I was able to fall back asleep. Now I have sharp pain with any movements and my ovary almost feels sore. The ultrasound showed my left ovary to be normal and without any cysts so why does it hurt so bad? This is my second day of my period as well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2019, 10:49 AM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Intense ovary pain woke me up

How old are you....reason I ask is that some women have two ovulations during their cycle, and many during the years of hormonal fluctuations in their late 30s early 40s if they didn't previously.

If you can take ibuprophen or naproxen, that should help. If it is ovulation, the discomfort should acquiesce within 2 days.

Hope it's just that...

q

Old 12-01-2019, 11:00 AM   #3
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I had an ovary get twisted one time. Horrid pain -went to ER. Heating pad and a muscle relaxer and all was good in a day or so. Was sore for a while but no intense pain.

Old 12-01-2019, 03:31 PM   #4
    Hardy77665
    (female)

Hardy77665 HB User

I am only 21, I went to the ER last week because of the pain and they gave me some pain medicine that helps me get through the day. However, this new pain is like knives are being stabbed into my side and I can hardly walk so the pain medicine isnít helping as much

Old 12-01-2019, 03:34 PM   #5
    Hardy77665
    (female)

Hardy77665 HB User

I was wondering if it could be that..I really hope not. The pain hasnít gone away at all today and it hurts just to touch the area. Iím just not sure..I would bet itís a cyst rupturing but the pain started at 5 and hasnít subsided and my ultrasound from this previous Tuesday showed I had no cysts.

Old 12-01-2019, 06:36 PM   #6
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

They can come up any time....do you have some Aleve? It was originally a prescription for menstrual cramps.

Old 12-02-2019, 04:56 PM   #7
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

When a cyst ruptures, it can feel like an appendicitis attack. It is very painful...the good news is that within a day of it rupturing, the fluid is reabsorbed into your body and you start to feel perfectly normal again.

Some women are more susceptible to cysts during ovulation than others. I went through a year of having them constantly and then it stopped. I do remember the pain though.

Give it a day...and try Aleve or Naproxsen; over the counter pain relievers should help..if after 24 hours it does not, give your gyn a call.

Old 12-02-2019, 06:10 PM   #8
    Hardy77665
    (female)

Hardy77665 HB User

I woke up this morning still in pain but not near as bad, throughout the day it has gotten almost completely better. Still hurts when I cough or move too quick but Iím just grateful to be able to do my normal activities again. Iím gonna go see my obgyn sometime this week or next. Thank you so much for the help!

Old 12-03-2019, 08:03 AM   #9
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Good the pain is less....Did you take anything for the pain?
    If it comes back, make sure you see your doc asap.
    q

Reply Reply