It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• How can I dry up a Sebaceous cyst in the groin area?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-08-2019, 02:00 AM   #1
    suggi
    Veteran
    (female)

suggi HB User
    How can I dry up a Sebaceous cyst in the groin area?

I never had one of these before and it is scary as it is right on the inside of my panty line and I do not want it to open and drain as I have multiple roblems in that region (prolapsed urethra, prolapsed rectum, urethritis, vulvitis, vaginitis and would not want an infection in any of those places. I have had my share of boils, pimples and such but never in that area and never one of these cysts. Is this part of aging??.

I was on 7 days of antibiotics and it is better but still there and my PCP won't give me any more. I have read on Dr Google that a Sebaceous cyst may never go away completely.

Since my undies rub right on it and this is a place where you can not put a bandage what do I do if it starts to drain? IK am also allergic to adhesive so that complicates things even more..

If I go to a surgeon and get it cut out how in the world would I covder it and take care of it? I am hoping someone has suggestions for me as I am at my wits end right now since I have multiple health issues and have just been put on supplemental oxygen too and feel overwhelmed..

Thank you for any help and suggestions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2019, 08:52 AM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: How can I dry up a Sebaceous cyst in the groin area?

I can well understand you not wanting to deal with another issue over and above what you already have. I suggest you get it removed, because it won't go away on its own. Paper tape is great... I can use it without issues, and it comes in various widths. As well, using nonstick gauze has good loft to it and is very protective and absorbing.

Hope you get relief.

q

Old 12-08-2019, 07:12 PM   #3
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

A dermatologist can inject it with steroids and it will go away... for home use, have you tried tea tree oil? It helps with sebaceous cysts on my face.

Old 12-17-2019, 09:39 AM   #4
    sjaniano
    (female)

sjaniano HB User

my sister had it removed and it was fine. those kinds of procedures are no big deal. she feels so much better.

Reply Reply