It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Abnormal periods/excessive bleeding

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-23-2019, 12:21 AM   #1
    Susanna0174
    (female)

Susanna0174 HB User
    Abnormal periods/excessive bleeding

Iím in my mid 40ís. Iíve had normal periods up until November this year. November consisted of 5 days spotting and a late period on day 40 which lasted about 9 days. Then a few days later I started bleeding again for about a week. Both were very light.

Then this month I spotted about 4 separate days the first week of December and then my period started and was heavier than Novemberís cycle. Right now Iím on day 12 still bleeding. I went for a transvaginal ultrasound on Friday. I know had a small fibroid 2 yrs ago which didnít pose a problem just a little bit of pain. This is getting annoying and getting a little worried. Iím thinking it could be endometriosis, but idk.

My ob gyn didnít order any other tests. Any thought what it could be? Itís weird because right now itís light and I think itís stopping (light pink) then the next time I use the bathroom itís bright red. Ugh!! I should know by Tuesday, but the anticipation is killing me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-23-2019, 04:42 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Abnormal periods/excessive bleeding

more likely at your age that it's the start of peri unless it's the fibroid. Annoying is a good description of peri! Have you ruled out using birth control for regulation?

Old 12-23-2019, 08:02 AM   #3
    Susanna0174
    (female)

Susanna0174 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
    more likely at your age that it's the start of peri unless it's the fibroid. Annoying is a good description of peri! Have you ruled out using birth control for regulation?
    I really am not sure yet. I wanted to find out why Iím bleeding and then decide. If it is peri then Iíll most likely get birth control.

Old 07-11-2020, 05:30 AM   #4
    Zeldated
    (female)

Zeldated HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Susanna0174 View Post
    I really am not sure yet. I wanted to find out why Iím bleeding and then decide. If it is peri then Iíll most likely get birth control.
    Hi- I know this is an old post, but I'm just wondering how your outcome was? I am currently experiencing pretty much the same issues as you. Day 40 I think of a non-ending period. Ultrasound is scheduled but not until Friday . My gyno doesn't seem overly concerned and this is annoying me! 😤 I am 53 1/2 btw, so I am hoping and praying it's peri??
    Anyways, I'd love to hear what you found out! Thank you!

Reply Reply