It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Unending hip pain - really female problems?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-26-2019, 05:00 PM   #1
    Ol'Line Rebel
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Ol'Line Rebel HB UserOl'Line Rebel HB User
    Unhappy Unending hip pain - really female problems?

I have a long history, but let me try to cut to the chase.

The last month or so, I have been having virtually non-stop hip/back/sacral pain (radiating - I guess - down legs including fatigue feeling). I ignored it mostly because I have a long history of having this kind of pain which pops up sometimes. I just do my exercises and within days, it goes away. Not this time. I still excuse it partly because the last month was hell for my hips, trying to sleep and sitting in uncomfortable chairs for days on end as my father was dying in the hospital. THEN we had to do all the outdoor Christmas stuff which aggravated it every time.

Then I have had a fear this may be something serious simply aggravating an already vulnerable area.

I have not had my period since Sept 1. Since I am 50, and had a point up to last year where there was 10 months between periods, I just ignore that because I figure "menopause".

In the time frame I had no period in 2018, I had a scan for "back/torso" problems for uterine issues. The only thing we got from the gyno end was i had a huge 6cm "cyst" and they watched it, and it "went away" (before I got my period again).

I will also say, possibly related to those 2018 torso issues, that I was tested positive for Epstein-Barr last May 2019 (as well as Parvovirus, which there is NO question I suffered from in the spring).

Anyway, I am scared now that this could really be something awful like cancer, most likely something female.

Does any of this sound familiar with any of the ovary/uterine conditions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2019, 04:33 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Unending hip pain - really female problems?

Sounds more like you need an MRI of your back. I thought I had torn my piriformis and turned out I had 2 bluging discs and 2 dessicated discs.

Old 12-27-2019, 10:45 AM   #3
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

My mother went through this for a year until the pain became unbearable..turned out she needed a hip replacement. She had no idea as up until the pain became unbearable, she was walking and doing her normal day to day activities. She had surgery last Friday and is back at work already. She feels 100% better. Maybe go talk to an ortho? Get an Xray of your back, spine and hips? It could be something in that area.

Old 12-30-2019, 04:05 PM   #4
    Ol'Line Rebel
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Ol'Line Rebel HB UserOl'Line Rebel HB User

Thank you all for the attention.

I am going to my gynecologist tomorrow (NY Eve). I will tell him about it along with the UTI-type feelings I've had as well as actual infections.

I'm actually hoping maybe he'll do an US down there.

I think I can wait until the oncologist the 15th outside this gyno visit (I had made a GP appt but that's not until almost my onc appt).

Yes, I would check with an ortho if it's not gyno or such. I seriously doubt I have a hip so bad it has to be replaced!

I failed to mention the strange itchy bumps that also appeared along the same back/hip line as the pain is. That has never happened before with my normal hip pain. It's as if something was inside and released!

Reply Reply