It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Can hormones cause pregnancy symptoms?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-04-2020, 12:37 PM   #1
    Just1ofTheGirls
    (female)

Just1ofTheGirls HB User
    Hormone Imbalance or pregnancy symptoms?

Hello!

So to give you guys a little background, Iím 26, no major health issues. My periods are usually pretty normal.

First week of December I got my period. Around the same time hubby and I had sex but it was protected and he didnít even finish. (He has a very low libido hence issues in that area.) The following week I ovulated(I know bc I felt that sharp ovulation twinge). Around the 27th I started bleeding again. I assumed hormones out of wack as itís very unusual for me to have two periods in one month! Also it was mild bright bleeding and no cramps. At the same time I went in to have a lump in my left breast checked. Radiologists said I had two cysts, nothing serious. What threw me was they said I had a lot of milk ducts or something and kept asking if I was pregnant. Like they asked 3 times lol?! I guess I shouldíve thought of it but I was so focused on getting the breast lump checked(I have a family history of cancer. )

What I didnít know at the time was my ďsecond periodĒ would stop after 2 days. I took a ton of pregnancy tests and all of them said negative. Iím not ready for a child rn but at the same time I had a very early miscarriage two years ago and I really do not want to go through that again.

Ever since December Iíve just felt off. Like headaches every day, feverish in the morning, abnormally tired, tummy bloated, and slightly nauseous in the mornings. Iíve got an appointment with an OBGYN but itís hard not to worry in the mean time. Could hormones be causing these symptoms? Is it possible to get pregnant on your period?

Last edited by Just1ofTheGirls; 01-04-2020 at 06:17 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2020, 12:41 PM   #2
    Ol'Line Rebel
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Ol'Line Rebel HB UserOl'Line Rebel HB User
    Re: Hormone Imbalance or pregnancy symptoms?

I don't know much, but it's possible for hormone problems to cause lots of issues. Good that you're going to the gyno - and press the issue, even if it seems all the symptoms have dried up. I'd think that is very unusual for a young woman like you, but one never knows.

Reply Reply