It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Trouble with my cervical area

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-19-2020, 12:31 PM   #1
    comeonnow
    Veteran
    (female)

comeonnow HB User
    Trouble with my cervical area

I guess. I said "cervical area" because I was going by what the person at my doctor's office said. About a month ago I noticed that I was spotting, not really a full-on menstrual flow. It's actually more brown than red. My dr. sent me for an ultrasound of that area and my dr. got the results back as pretty much inconclusive. They couldn't tell exactly what it was, just that I have fluids in my cervical area that shouldn't be there. So now I have to go see an OB-GYN. Oh byw, I'm 63 years old and way past the point of having my period or being pregnant. All that stuff is behind me and I was hoping to enjoy my older years with my wonderful husband and we seem to have one problem after another cropping up here. I just don't know what to think about this problem of mine. I'm also extremely tired, which, if I ever figure out what board that problem goes on, I'll post about it too. TIA for any suggestions and help anyone can give me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2020, 04:56 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Trouble with my cervical area

First of all, brown blood is simply blood that wasn't expelled in a previous period. And as long as you have your ovaries, it's possible to have some spotting. Hopefully the gyno will explain all this to you. Even at your age and no longer having periods, you should still see your gyno. Pap smears every two years, mammos, bone density scans, breast exams...you still need a gyno visit every year. I'm 74 and still go.

Old 03-20-2020, 07:12 AM   #3
    comeonnow
    Veteran
    (female)

comeonnow HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
    First of all, brown blood is simply blood that wasn't expelled in a previous period. And as long as you have your ovaries, it's possible to have some spotting. Hopefully the gyno will explain all this to you. Even at your age and no longer having periods, you should still see your gyno. Pap smears every two years, mammos, bone density scans, breast exams...you still need a gyno visit every year. I'm 74 and still go.
    I do have a pap test done every year at my regular doctor. I guess they're just as capable of doing it as a special OB-GYN doctor, aren't they? Or not? I have to go somewhere else, though, about 20 miles from here to get a mammogram done. I never had a bone density test done. I take a calcium tablet every day and my orthopedic surgeon said what strong bones I have when he did an SI joint fusion on me about 5 years ago. Guys are kind of lucky they were born guys...doesn't seem like they need so many body parts examined. No, I don't care for going to the doctor, but I do anyway. Thanks for your reply.

Old 03-20-2020, 10:58 AM   #4
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Oh...none of the PCP here will do a pap nor other gyno stuff. Wish they would! Make is more simple. I learned a lot about bone density when my ortho and rheumy sent me thru an osteoporosis clinic as a "just in case." You may not have osteo but one could have oseoporotic bones...which I did not. All very interesting but I passed with flying colors. Bone density is great for a petite white woman (-1.1) and it's been attributed to my use of HRT. Was told to stay on the estrogen as long as possible. Just some interesting information.

Reply Reply