It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Months and Months of Cytolytic Vaginosis

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-21-2020, 04:21 PM   #1
    smgirl15
    (female)

smgirl15 HB User
    Red face Months and Months of Cytolytic Vaginosis

Hi ladies,

I was diagnosed with cytolytic vaginosis back in October and have been doing baking soda baths since with no avail. My gyne is recommending taking a round of Augmentin which is certain to flush out the abundance of lacctobaccili, but also certain to invoke a yeast infection. Even though I am depressed and incredibly frustrated with living in constant pain, irritation, itching, and gross discharge, I am very, very hesitant to take Augmentin. I took it as a child a remember the awful side effects and am also wary of antibiotics in general. I also have been warned that this may through me into a cycle of yeast, then CV from treating the yeast, then back to yeast....and on and on.

I should also mention I have been diagnosed with vulvodynia and doing PT for about 9 months as well as taking gabapetin.

If ANYONE has any other advice on this or has had success treating CV please let me know - I am desperate.

Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2020, 02:12 PM   #2
    Fiddlesrus

Fiddlesrus HB User
    Re: Months and Months of Cytolytic Vaginosis

I feel for you and understand about the antibiotics. You solve one problem and create another. Are you post menopause? I am and I don't drink enough water on a daily basis and I have never had the issues that I'm having...Vaginitis symptom to where you feel something like a twinge on the inside that feels like it could be a UTI or something, just a raw uncomfortable feeling when you sit and then I get these bumps like hair follicles which I'm told the vulva skin is very sensitive and then get these tiny black looking moles or black heads. NEVER had such problems until being post menopause! Ugh!!!😝

Old 07-19-2020, 02:29 PM   #3
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

You should be taking an oral probiotic along with the Augmentin. Your doctor can give you that information.

Old 07-19-2020, 03:14 PM   #4
    Fiddlesrus

Fiddlesrus HB User

Yes, agreed. Take a GOOD probiotic with the antibiotic! I would call a health food store and they can tell you what they have.

Reply Reply

Tags
    augmentin, cytolytic vaginosis (cv), gabapentin, vulvodynia, yeast infection