It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Weirdly short period??

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-21-2021, 11:31 PM   #1
    Starrywolf

Starrywolf HB User
    Weirdly short period??

Hi, so.. Turning to the internet here cause I'm a little weirded out by my last period...

To give full context, my cycle has been like clock work since I was 11, every 4 ish weeks, usually on the weekend, and it always lasts for about 5 days. My flow is always a bit heavy on my first couple of days, and the last day or so is mainly spotting, I sometimes get a little bit more spotting on day six, but after that its all good. I also rarely get any sort of cramping, sometimes there's minor achey-ness, but it's uncommon and random, usually if I've been moving around a ton.
    Currently, I am an older teen/young adult, since I know age affects these things...
    Anyway my last period only lasted about 36-48 hours? Which is really really weird for me. There was no cramping, no weird pain, no clots, nothing. The only unusual thing is that I had night shift for two days so I slept weird. (I wanna say 6 hour nap the morning before the first shift, 8 hours of sleep after food from that first shift, wake up, dinner, next shift, breakfast, sleep for nine hours) my cycle started the night before the night of my first shift, and ended about 3amish on the second shift... I haven't seen any more bleeding since then.

I'm not too worried about it since my cycle has been a little off since my younger sister started getting hers... And my other sister is due to start getting it (me and my first sister synced), but I've never had it be so short and I wanna make sure its not something horrible...
    As I said before, my cycle has always been predictable, every 4th week or so, always 5 days of dealing with the bleeding... I've never used a tracker for it cause I always forget, and I've never really needed to...

Uh... Only other things I can think of is that I also take ADHD meds (Biphenton), but I've been taking the same stuff since I was 6 and it's never had any side effects on me, ever.
    Any answers would be great

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2021, 04:59 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Weirdly short period??

Most women's periods don't get regular till around mid 20s. Unless you arre on birth control, your perioods will try to sync with women you live around or work with. So yours sounds perfectly normal.

Reply Reply