It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

ovulation pain

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-11-2003, 08:32 PM   #1
yellow rose
(female)

yellow rose HB User
Post ovulation pain

Right at the time when I am ovulating, I experience pain in my lower stomach, and feel really sick as well. They aren't sharp pains, but rather dull crampy pains, that can last for two days. At the same time I always get a really bad lower backache as well. Has anyone else ever experienced this, or does anyone know what it could mean?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2003, 05:47 PM   #2
Wyndi
(female)

Wyndi HB User
I get the same thing. It usually lasts into the first day or two of my period. It's a constant dull ache in the pit of my stomach, often accompanied by back pain. A lot of doctors say some girls feel pain when they start to bleed. It may be a day or so before you actually see any blood, but it's often a sign that you'll start soon. I'm not sure how to get rid of the problem. I've been on all kinds of birth control and nothing has lessened the pain. I just have to rely on Tylenol during those few days.

Old 07-12-2003, 07:46 PM   #3
Gemini_Mystique

Gemini_Mystique HB User
Its called mittrel schmertz(sp?). I had the same problem and ending up going to the ER for it and was diagnosed with painful ovulation also known as mittrel schmertz. Do a search for it online and get more information. Your doctor will probably give you a prescription for pain meds or tell u to get some ibuprofen because there is really nothing that can be done. Hope this helps.

Old 07-12-2003, 10:09 PM   #4
MrsKramden

MrsKramden HB User
Lightbulb

When I was in peri-menopause, I would be nauseas while I was ovulating.I also would feel a bit of pinching during ovulation, but nothing so bad that I had to take anything for it.

I read that the decrease in progesterone causes the nausea and I wouldn't be surprised if one of the hormones causes the pain or pinchy feeling during ovulation.

Old 03-18-2007, 09:09 PM   #5
rizz11213
(female)

rizz11213 HB User
Re: ovulation pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow rose View Post
Right at the time when I am ovulating, I experience pain in my lower stomach, and feel really sick as well. They aren't sharp pains, but rather dull crampy pains, that can last for two days. At the same time I always get a really bad lower backache as well. Has anyone else ever experienced this, or does anyone know what it could mean?
YES I FEEL THE SAME WAY.I ALSO HAVE THE BACK PAINS EVEN WORSE BECAUSE I HAVE R.A.

Old 03-21-2007, 08:22 PM   #6
leenaz
(female)

leenaz HB User
Re: ovulation pain

I get that, in fact I'm have it now. Advil helps a little. Do you all get pretty moody during that time too?

Closed Thread