It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

Moody from BCP??

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-11-2003, 07:03 PM   #1
Ravishing
(female)

Ravishing HB User
Angry Moody from BCP??

I went on the pill (Triquilar) a little over 3 months ago and ever since then my mom has been complaining that I've become a horribly moody person. The thing is that I'm perfectly unaware of being moody or miserable until she points it out to me - at which point I DO become upset because she's saying all of these mean things to me
I know that she went on the pill when she was my age and had a bad reaction to it - part of which was bad mood swings. I know that she's not overly thrilled with my being on the pill for some unknown reason and can't help but wonder if she is projecting my "bad moods" on me or if I really have become a moody person and just didn't know it was happening.

Anyone out there experience mood swings when they were on the pill?? I would really like to know what other people's experiences with this.

Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2003, 01:04 AM   #2
Hamer

Hamer HB User
YES! The birth control pill almost ruined my relationship with my husband (boyfriend at the time). I would get mad at him for no reason and then I would cry about it for hours. It made me say things that I would not usually say. The hormones in the pill are NOT NATURAL. They are like poison to your body and can have serious effects on your moods. Even though I have been off of them for 3 months my periods are still not back to regular. I heard it can take about 6 months to be back to normal. good luck!
Amber

Old 07-14-2003, 09:01 AM   #3
Blastoff9600
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
You can call and tak to your doctor. He/she can suggest another pill that may have less effects on your mood. Sometimes it takes a few tries to find the pill that is right for you.
I was on one that I lowered my sex drive and made me depressed. A talk with my doc and I switched pills and those were the ones that worked great for me.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Closed Thread